▪️8▪️

- edited 4/14/20

| genesis |

i slept for a about a good four hours before i woke up. i remembered that nahmir wanted me to come over at seven. "ugh" i groan out load.

i tried to get out of the bed, but i had a sleep paralysis. i stared at the ceiling for some minutes and then finally forced myself out of bed.

i changed out my clothes i was wearing before. i wore my black jeans and my white shirt.

j slid on my slippers and went into my moms room. she was on the phone with her gay ass boyfriend.

"mom," i say tapping her. "hold on marcus- what?" she answers moving her phone from her ear. "is it okay if i go to jayden's house?" i ask, lying about where i was going.

"you've been out the house lately, genesis." "i know ma, but we have this project to work on and it's due next week." i say partially lying about that too. nahmir was my partner actually. but y'all know that part.

"mhm." she mumbled. "i promise i'll be back by nine thirty." i said. "bring your sister with you too." She says.

"gir- why i gotta bring her for?" "if she don't go, you don't go." she said. i suck my teeth. "fine." i walk her room as she picks the phone up again.

i walk into my sister's room. "get up bitch, we going somewhere." "bitch call me a name again." she says. "and what's the rush?" she asks. "i'm going to a friends house for a project and mom made me bring yo ass."

she rolls her eyes and puts on her shoes. we get in the car and i drive to jayden's place to get her too. then i go to nahmir's place.

i rung his doorbell. we waited outside for like three hundred years before he opened it.

" the fuck took you so long" i say folding my arms. "damn you mad?" "we've been standing out here for centuries! " i exclaim.

"well i ain't feel like getting the door." he says.

"who's this?" he asks pointing to my sister. "that's my sister january, my momma made me bring her."

"strange ass name." "strange ass face," she clapped back.

she looked at nahmir for a moment & all of a sudden a smile came across her face. "girl you're friends with fucking ybn nahmir?!"

"bitch who?"

"you mean to tell me you don't know nun bout my rapping?" nahmir says turning his attention to me.

"oh so you famous now mr. flex-dot-twenty-kay?" i said quoting his username on instagram. "shut up," he said moving out the way so we could get in.

i waved to jay and manny who were in the kitchen. they always at his house.
i walk to the couch and sit down.

my sister weird ass stole a quick picture with him and started posting it on all her social.

"weird ass, he not even cute." i lied. nahmir squinted at me.

"lying is a sin, genesis. yo name even in the bible." he says. "i didn't think you were smart enough to know that." i laughed.