Prologue

Cyrus POV:

As I was sitting in The Spoon, I couldn't stop thinking about what was gonna happen. The tension was so thick you could cut it, at least for me. When I heard the bell ring I couldn't even turn to see who it is. But I already knew.

"Hey!" Buffy sits down.

I mumble hey back.

"Is everything ok?" She says concerned.

I shake my head no.

"Did you already order the baby taters?"

"I don't want any baby taters."

"Your scaring me," she says as her face completely drops. I know how she feels though, being scared.

"I'm scaring me too," I say on the verge of tears.

"What is it?"

Here goes nothing.

"Last night, when we were watching Andi and Jonah, you asked me, am I happy for Andi?"

"Yeah?"

"And I said yes I'm happy for Andi..." I take in a breathe to try to calm my nerves, "...but I'm also not happy," there I said it.

"How come?"

I just look at my hands until she realizes...

"Are you jealous?"

I nod my head yes.

"Cyrus, do you like Andi?"

"No," I whisper.

"You like Jonah," she says with realization in her voice.

After that I just looked at my hands. Neither of us said anything for about 10 seconds, it felt like forever.

"Buffy, I feel weird, different."

Buffy grabs my hands, and I immediately feel a little relief.

"Cyrus, you've always been weird..." thanks Buff, "...but you're no different," and then my whole world was different. Happier.

"I'm glad I told you," I thank her.

"Me too."

"But the thought of telling anyone else..."

"You'll be ok, I promise," she interrupted.

"This is really bad timing, I just got a GIRLfriend," I chuckle, and Buffy rolls her eyes but in a way that said, "good one."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buffy POV:

Dear Diary,

It's been a while. Sorry. To be honest, I was scared that writing in a diary was cliche and childish. But I had to write this down. Cyrus recently told me that he likes JONAH! It's crazy right? Honestly I am very happy, but it's gonna take some getting used to. I mean I don't know anyone like that and now I look at him differently. I mean he's still my best friend  and I look at him like he's my little brother but, I don't know. It's like when a teacher or coach tells you they're pregnant, then you can't stop looking at them with a weird feeling. It's like that. Well, see you in a couple weeks.

I shut my red leather book and walked downstairs for dinner.

"Hey Dad!"

"Hey Buff! How was Cyrus? He sounded pretty disturbed on the phone," my dad said concerned.

"Yeah he is fine," I walk towards the fridge.

"No, no, no. Dinner's ready."

I roll my eyes and grab some food from the island. I sit down and start eating.