Camaze | Just A Kiss

[Yep i still swear]

"Found you!" Blaze groaned, watching as his... friend, he supposed, walked over. Well, to be more specific: Cameron called him a friend, Blaze called him an annoyance.

"What do you want, Cameron?" Blaze pulled the short cigarette out of his mouth, huffing out the smoke really quick instead of having a slow, satisfying moment. That was his favorite part about smoking, but already having a good idea of Cameron's reaction, he tried to get rid of it quickly.

"Blaze... you're gonna get caught, love." The boy shrugged in response. He turned to face Cameron, holding himself up with only one shoulder and leaving his cigarette to dangle out of his mouth. If it was his first time, he might be scared that it would fall out. But it wasn't.

Cameron had a look he didn't show often, a look of concern. Blaze glared at it.

"May I?" He took a tentative step forward, smiling. He was slow, gentle. Even his voice had dropped to an almost whisper, bringing out Cameron's accent. Now, Blaze was concerned it might fall out of his mouth.

"What?" Blaze hadn't realized how flustered and crazy his heart and emotions had been till he spoke. Voice cracks were not kind to him. He also nearly forgot about his cigarette, having to panic a bit to grab it. Cameron chuckled, making it even worse. His expression was so- genuine. It wasn't flirty or cocky. It was just a small smile, and Blaze was not fucking ready for it.

"May I take this?" Cameron brought his pale hand to Blaze's, grabbing his wrist lifting it up to bring the smoking object in both of their visions. The smaller gulped. He wasn't ready for this, he really wasn't ready. He did a good job of building and maintaining his walls, so he never knew what to do when a crack formed. His defenses were down, his heart was weakened, and his face was burning. There was nothing he could think of to do besides let him, or at least, nothing else he wanted to do.

No brain, we're not kissing anyone, got that?

"Thanks." Cameron gently plucked it from his fingers, bringing it up to his face. Blaze was convinced for a moment that he was going to take a puff himself. Instead, he elegantly dropped to the ground, and put it out. Even with that motion done, they were still close, closer than Blaze wanted to be. But, he also, didn't want the other to step back.

"You know, I would probably taste better." There was that smile again, that damn smile. He was flirting again but it was still so soft and genuine. Blaze didn't know how to feel, he didn't know what it meant. All he knew was they were close, Cameron was smiling, and his heart was melting.

"I- wouldn't doubt it." Blaze was whispering now. He was scared to say it, he knew he was, but it was the only thing that felt right to say. It felt natural. Everything was numb, and yet, tingling happily. He brain was cloudy and his heart was hurting. He was on a different kind of high and this one was so much better.

"Want to try it out?" He was impossibly close now. This was so strange, so out of nature, for the both of them. Blaze was allowing him to get close. He wasn't screaming profanities or hitting the other lightly, he was allowing it. In fact, he looked quite flustered instead of mad. And Cameron, sure he was flirting but there was no annoying wink or a hint of getting something more. Just a kiss.

"I- I don't..." He was closer. Their noses were touching now. His heart was beating quicker and quicker the closer Cam got. He was losing words, breath, everything. But the second he felt the jocks unnaturally cold hand touch his face...

he panicked.

Blaze now sat at the opposite end of the field, crumbled into a ball of blush and anger. While Cameron stayed unmoving in the same place, simultaneously wanting to smile and cry loudly.

'I fucked up.'

A/N

im 99 percent sure no one cares about the shit i make but im decently enjoying myself so oh damn well