A Single Morsel

Speak. Speak. Speak
Shhhh.... hummed the sweet voice of the motherly tune, soothing the heart of a child; so dear, so cared, so loved.
Shhhh.... another hum the tears that fell from her eyes

Why? Why?

Barefoot. She stepped to the ground as if it was a cloud cotton, brushing the sole of her feet. Carrying the child in her arms, she fed his hunger with her warmth and amend his thirst with her tight embrace.
Ma? She heard the voice of the her single flower. Her tears fell.
Nak, taysa nak ha... Gamay nalang, makakita lagi tag pagkaon...

Steps. Steps. Then she stopped.
Opening her palm, she begs the passing strangers around her. She ignores the embarrassment swelling in her chest. She has to.

Ma?
Taysa nak, taysa....

Ginoo, miskang gamay lang... miskang gamay lang gud.... she prays silently as she begs her heart out to these passing strangers...

However, none of them gave even just a single morsel to her and her whimpering child like they are invisible to them.

God. Faith. Mercy, where are you?

Ma?
Taysa nak, taysa....

Her precious flower whimpers and whimpers while she looks around for a savior, a Samaritan that will hear her plea.
And yet she was not heard.

As the light darken to dusk, the clear sky turn into a rainy mist; so was her hope for this god, this faith, this mercy.

Ma? He smiles.
That burden his smile brought to her. Find more. Find more
TABANG! She shouted in grief.
That pouring rain. That splash of pain.
She was soaking wet.

Soaking wet in her own tears.

TABANG! TABANG! TABANG!
Ma? He cries. He smiled.

The toss of a single coin. The miracle from the heavens...

Ma?
Nak??

Speak. Speak. Speak
Shhhh.... hummed the sweet voice of the motherly tune, soothing the heart of a child; so dear, so cared, so loved.
Shhhh.... another hum the tears that fell from her eyes

Why? Why?