Drastic Love

"Ow! Fuck man!" Astrid turned around with her middle finger raised highly. "Thanks jackass!" She was already as pissed as she could be since her douche of a boyfriend Jason broke her heart right on the beach last night by throwing sand in her face. Literally. Astrid thought that going to school the next day would at least make her feel better but after third period she figured she was more heart broken then she thought. Astrid loved to hang out in this spot right in the back of school. It was different because it wasn't just a spot it was a tiny hole in the wall.

"Mom...why did that jackass have to break my heart the day before the last day of school? Just why? Also why the fuck would God make you die!" Astrid was crying. Tears staining her new leather jacket. She started thinking about how her mom died. Astrid's mom died of pancreatic cancer stage IV. It was slow and painful and effected the whole family. Astrid never really remembers anything about her mom except the cancer. She was slowly fainting away as she drifted to sleep.

Astrid awoke to her cell phone ringing. On the screen was a number she had no idea who belonged to but she answered.

"Hello?"

"Yes, Astrid, I've been aware that you have cancer. Yes, maybe stage IV pancreatic cancer?" She heard laughing but one laugh stuck out the most, Jason.

"If you little dickheads think that this is funny it's not! I loved my mom! She was my everything! Now all your little friends Jason? Yeah they can go fuck themselves." With that Astrid climbed out of the hole and started on her path home playing her one and only favorite playlist, Depressed Fucked Up World.

When she got home her dad's car was in the driveway. "Here we go!" Astrid said under her breathe as she entered the house.

"Hey sweetie...how was your last day?" Astrid's dad Rob asked.

"Like you even care...you haven't cared since mom died you bastard!" Astrid ran up the stairs her father yelling after her.

"I'm done with your bullshit Astrid! I'm sending you to Leahiah's!" Rob slapped his hand on the table causing Astrid's brother Derek to emerge from his deep sleep of video games.

"What's going on?" Derek asked dumbly.

"Pack your bags Derek. Tell Astrid to as well," Rob answered calmly. With that Derek made his way up to Astrid's room. Derek knocked ever so softly on Astrid's door.

"Hey Ast. Dad said to pack your bags. I have no clue why but he sounded mad."

"Thanks Derek," Astrid answered as she pulled out her zebra suit cases.

Astrid was somewhat happy to go to Florida. But at the same time she hated it because they only moved to California to at least try to forget the worst of their mom. But when she went back to Florida she remembered her mom and the cancer. Just thinking about it made Astrid's eyes well up tears.

Astrid wasn't sure what to pack. She had no clue how long she was going to be in Florida. She figured all summer but she only packed for two weeks. Astrid made her way to Derek's room when she heard Rob on the phone talking to his little girlfriend. She's probably so happy we will be leaving. Astrid swam out of her thoughts and into reality. She barged into Derek's room and sat on the bed.

"Derek...let's make a bet," Astrid turned toward Derek and smiled.

"What kind of bet?" Derek coxed as he sat next to her.

"I bet you $20 that when we get back dad's little girl toy will be pregnant."

"Deal!" Derek smiled and hugged his sister. "Now get out of my damn room!"

Astrid got up and smiled, sticking out her middle finger.

"Fuck you too Ast!" Robert laughed softly.

With that Astrid grabbed her bags, ran down the stairs, and started grabbing food.

"Astrid. No food on the plane," Rob tried telling her.

Astrid replied, "Not for plane. For my stomach jackass."

Rob was about to yell at her but Astrid ran out that door throwing her bags into her dad's new Cadillac. Astrid ran into the middle of the street yelling, "Fuck all of you! I'm going to Florida baby!"

Derek came out a few minutes later while Astrid was putting makeup on. Derek came super close to her as Rob came out the door.

"Let's get this party on big sis!" Derek exclaimed.

"Yes baby bro. Yes!" She yelled and kissed his cheek leaving lipstick marks.

Rob got in the car and gave them their tickets. "Stay for the whole summer. Maybe the school year. But come back with respect Astrid. Now Derek you can come back whenever for all I care," Rob smiled and started driving to the airport. Astrid listened to her music on shuffle until they arrived at the airport. Rob dropped them off at the drop off then left. Derek and Astrid intertwined fingers as they boarded the plane. When they got to their seats everything was as perfect as it could get. Astrid had her second playlist, For Happy Moments, and Derek. That's all she
needed for the rest of her life.