【】... ♡ ...【】

⟨ PROLOGUE ⟩

PROLOGUE

i was always told to stay away from the men in black who roamed the streets with illegal drugs in their trench-coat pockets, the ones who woke up still drunk after a long night of partying in the smaller club down the city's streets. the large signs flashing in my head to steer away from people like that, but i was never told to stay away from the boy with the beautiful brown eyes.

the boy who's heart was as black as the midnight sky, but who's eyes were as bright as a sunny morning. his cheeky smile that gleamed like a sunset, yet his rotten, grimacing smirk that every one despised. a rich cologne that invaded my senses like a tidal wave, only way too strong to enjoy. he wasn't perfect, not even close to it in most views, but to my eyes he was just a few inches away. the stars danced in the skies above him, each one glimmering down on the boy like a waterfall. but the rain was only drops made of sick and poisoning acid.

beauty and the beast as they called us, polar opposites that yet fell in love through mindless reasonings that couldn't be explained with simple terms. no one understood how i could love my beast: a threat to my reputation, a threat to my family's company, and a threat to my heart. i was the belle to him, the too-good-to-be-true pretty boy who savored only the best quality of things. but yet i loved his broken imagination, his outlined tattoos, the way his breath smelled like cigarettes when he kissed my lips. i love his remaining scars from the mental battle he fought, i love the way he strides over to me like he's a king. no one could compare to my beast.

although our love seemed unbreakable, my parents divorced theirselves and i was forced to carry on with my father's company. a tragedy waiting to happen. the last rose petal fell to the ground in the glass vase, representing how i struck myself in the heart with the monotone heartbreak, a going of separate ways.