30

I threw my thumb upwards, scrolling through my Instagram timeline whilst Francis munched away on the snacks left on the table infront of us. He seemed engrossed in the television show playing on the screen. I think it was about Wall Street or something, but it definitely had his full attention. He decided to move in with me till we went to Harvey, so he was in the process of bringing his packed boxes and stuff over to my house, so it was easier to move. I didn't have a plan of how long I was staying there for, so I didn't know what to do, but I decided I was coming back, so I wasn't going to sell the apartment or anything.

"You know what?" He said, shoving a handful of Cheetos into his mouth. I looked up from my phone.

"What?" I asked.

"I could totally get into this stock market thing. It seems easy." He answered, gleaming through the crumbs around his face. I let out a soft chuckle before holding myself together.

"You can't be serious?" I laughed, dropping my head back down to my timeline.

"No, no, it could work, I could do it. What makes you think I can't?" He moaned, ripping his hand from the snack bowl.

"Really? First of all, you were manager of your own business at age 18 and you blew that. Secondly, you have no intentions of coming out the game anytime soon because you know you make too much to come out. You know you not no business type." I giggled.

"Now hold on a minute, wait wait, who the hell told you I ain't tryna get out the game?" Francis cried with the saddest face.

"Ain't nobody had to tell me, you've shown me."

"I don't want to do this trapping thing till I'm old, I wanna live a normal person life you know. Not having to look over your shoulder for the cops or for no punk, you know?"

My thumb was still scrolling as he was explaining. I was going through some posts, Hailey posted, some Worldstar videos, hella memes, couple people from work and other friends.

"Francis we live that already, you not in no Mansion, ain't nobody killed you yet, you straight." I laughed.

"You really not gon take me seriously huh? It's like that huh? Alright."

Suddenly, my eyes were grabbed by a particular post which caused my heart to sink.

"No way..."

My face dropped as my eyes pried open in shock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It had to be fake or something.

"What?" Francis asked.

This was bad.

"Francis, no, no, no G gon murder my ass! FUUCKKKK!" I shouted, jumping out of my seat.

"What is it man?!" He raised his voice in concern, standing up.

I spun the phone to show him a throwback picture of Crizz as a child with-

"Oh shit! No wayyy, th- that can't be him!"

"THE CAPTION SAYS LITTLE BROTHER MAN, THEY LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE!"

I swiped to the left to show Francis a second photo of Crizz standing next to a bed with the guy from Courtneys house. He was laid down with a huge bandage around his upper body, holding up a gang sign to the camera.

The Caption Read : #ThrowbackThursday with my little brother. We've come so long man, I got his back through anything, Opps ain't got nothing on him. #Family #BloodThickerThanWater #Eye4AnEye #WeBangingBackJ.

"We banging back J!? He know it's you. He know it's you Jerome! I told yo dumbass!" Francis yelled, slapping his hand onto his side.

"He's gonna tell G! G is already mad at me, he's gon kill me!"

I wasn't scared of Crizz. AT ALL. He hates me. He's been hating on me, just never had a reason.

Alright he has one reason that don't nobody know. He's lucky I ain't told nobody Courtney left him for me. Nobody knew they was together for a few months, but Court weren't feeling him like that so she came to me.

Since then, he's always had this underline hate for me, which didn't phase me because I weren't gonna have active static with a grown 26 year old man, that's whack.

"G knows you shot someone man, he just dont know wh-"

"He knows."

I cut Francis off instantly as my memory threw G's words to the for front of my mind.

'Do you know who you shot?!'

"Why you so scared about G, Crizz is the one you should be scared about, he just as crazy as you!" Francis said. He was right, Crizz and I at war would be WW3, which don't nobody want. But I didn't care, if he wanted the static, he had it.

"Man, ion care about that bumass niggah, G is gon kill me, everyone keeps coming to him about me doing stuff I ain't got no business doing. This just gon make this worse." I sighed. I didn't wanna become a burden to G for him taking me under his wing, this was one of the only people not to give up on me, I just want him to not be bothered about things because of my dumbass.

"You straight man, he already know who it is, you don't gotta worry, we leaving this place soon anyway, G ain't gon be anymore mad than he was before." Francis reassured me. He was kinda right.