Chapter 6: Goodbye Normalities

Azura's POV

As soon as I saw Gemini on the same stage as I, I about lost it. He was my knight, the best friend I could ask for. The fact that he'll die with me makes me weak. Weaker than I already am. I ran over to give him a hug. He squeezed me as hard as he could. I stood there about to faint. I wanted to die. The guards escorted us back stage and to the waiting room. Backstage were three other people wearing prisoner outfits. "Between you and us, these three prisoners are in the competition with you. You may not tell anyone or you'll be killed on the spot." King Oberon said. I was going to die anyways.

The three prisoners looked wide eyed at the seven of us. "Why wouldn't you announce them? What's the big deal?" I asked. "You see it makes others not want to go to prison because they'll have a chance at being picked, but if we don't tell them we see who the bad people in Darudum really are." Queen Ceres said. "Now I bet you want to see your family one last time. I'm allowing you to pick five people you want to see one last time. Choose wisely." They said.

"You pick first." She said pointing to the first man choosen. He chose his wife, his two brothers, his father, and his niece. They pointed around until they got to me.

"You chose!" They demanded. "I'll see my sister Blythe Bevdrill, my mom Yolina Bevdrill, my father Jago Bevdrill" I started. I had two more people. I could choose two of my better friends, Comet and Higo. "I'll see Comet Kirone and..." I looked at Gemini's sad face. I know he'll chose his family. "Umm..Loni North is my final name." Gemini looked at me. Loni North was his grandmother. I thought he would want to see her again. They were really close.

"You chose!" They pointed at Gemini. "I'll see my father Wes Pluto, my mother Cressida Pluto, my brother Dyal Pluto, my other brother Axton Pluto, and my sister Vina Pluto." He said. "We will have them here soon." They said as the guards escorted them out. Three guards stood there watching us. I glanced over once more at the three prisoners. The prisoner saw me looking at him. He was a fat man with bushy brown eyebrows and was bald. He stood up and introduced himself.

"Hello contestants, my name is Court Bebe." What a strange name. The second man stood up he had a big black beard and was wearing a cap. "Hello my name is Bissau Foroux. I am very happy to meet your acquaintance." He seemed like a jolly man, I wonder why he he went to prison. Finally the third man stood up. He seemed very grumpy. He had a beard and red hair. He was very bulk. "My name is Phyraton Quellum. Don't expect me to be as nice as the others!" He piped.

"How come no prisioner has ever survived? The man named Juno Ampton asked. "I don't know. Maybe it's harder for them. Apollo said. "That surely doesn't sound good." Bissau said with a worried expression. Soon after they arrived with our family and friends. The little 12 year young Luna Cross' family piled in first. She wanted to see her three sisters, her mom, and her grandfather one last time. Soon everyone's family piled in. I saw mine. I ran to Blythe. She was crying. I kissed her on the cheek. "Everything will be fine." I said. "No it won't Azura, you could die." She said. I wiped the tears from her face. "I'll be the one to win." I said with a smile. I knew it wasn't true but I wanted to cheer her up.

My parents flew at me next. They shared so many embraces. "We are so lucky to have a daughter like you." They said. It warmed my heart. I kissed them. Next Comet came up to me. I hugged him. "Why of everyone did you pick me?" He asked. "I'll miss my protecter." I said. He kissed my on my cheek. "I'll miss my princess." he said. I never knew I had a crush on Comet until this very moment. Apparently he liked me too. Gemini's grandma Loni went up to me. "Thank you for letting me see my grandson again. I have had a hug. I smiled. She was always so cheery. Every second is a second in hell.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Gemini's POV

I squeezed Azura's hand as we walked backstage. I felt awful I could puke. Backstage were three other people wearing prisoner outfits. "Between you and us, these three prisoners are in the competition with you. You may not tell anyone or you'll be killed on the spot." King Oberon said. Not more people who had to go through this shit.

The three prisoners looked wide eyed at the seven of us. "Why wouldn't you announce them? What's the big deal?" Azura asked. "You see it makes others not want to go to prison because they'll have a chance at being picked, but if we don't tell them we see who the bad people in Darudum really are." Queen Ceres said. "Now I bet you want to see your family one last time. I'm allowing you to pick five people you want to see one last time. Choose wisely." They said.

I was so excited I got to see my family again. For the first time today I felt joy. They started pointing to people. It made the situation more tense than it had to be. Salik was pointed to before Azura. He wanted to see his brother, sister, his parents, and his swim instructor. I already knew who I was going to see. The five other members of my broken family. They pointed to Azura. She said the ones I expected: Blythe, Mrs. Bevdrill, and Mr. Bevdrill. I was curious myself who else she would pick. Not to brag but if she could she would pick me.

"Comet Kirone." She said. Honestly I was a little shocked. Comet's had a crush on Azura for 2 years yet she never knew, maybe she likes him. "Umm..Loni North is my final name." She said. I turned my head and gave a confusing glance. Why would she want to see my grandmother. She gave a caring look back at me. I knew she did it for me. One of the many reasons she's my best friend.

"You chose!" They pointed at me. "I'll see my father Wes Pluto, my mother Cressida Pluto, my brother Dyal Pluto, my other brother Axton Pluto, and my sister Vina Pluto." I said. "We will have them here soon." They said. I ran over to Azura. She looked at me. I was just about to thank her but a prisoner stood up before I got the chance. They introduced themselves. The last prisoner a man named
Phyraton Quellum didn't seem to nice. Finally the families arrived.

My family came in last. I ran to Dyal first. He locked his arms around mine. "I miss you already." He whispered in my ear. "You'll see my around." I said. A tear went down his cheek. Dyal has always been the emotional type. I'll miss him. Either that or the King and Queen will face my wrath. I'll survive for her my family and my friends, not for myself. 

Next my parents went over to me. They hugged to where I could barely breathe. My mother looked deeply into my eyes. "I'm sorry I treated you badly recently, Axton should have known. A felt a meltdown forming in front of me. Axton scooted over to me, his light brown hair covering most of his forehead. "Dyal told me about it, are you going to die?" He asked. "I don't know." I said. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." I said. Vina went up to me, she wasn't crying. "Gemini I don't know what's happening." She said as she touched my cheek.

Finally Grandmother wheeled herself over to me. I hugged her delicately. Her skin was really wrinkled she looks worse everyday. "I love you my grandson, you'll survive." The thought popped into my head, how did she know I would be picked. "How did you know I'd be picked?" I asked. "OKAY EVERYONE TO THE EXIT." The guards said. I glanced over at Azura and she kissed Comet on the cheek. All I could think was: Good for Comet. I gave everyone one last hug.

"Okay everyone, it's time for you to meet someone important." The guards gestured to a mysterious door.
------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry this chapter was so boring. It will be way more interesting next chapter so stay tuned. Thanks for reading and for 130 views.