Chapter 13

One woman is standing next to the Doctor that keep on checking on the documents that the woman gave to her. She’s not sure if those papers were the result of her check-up. Sometimes the doctor would smile, sometimes frown. “Alright! I’m sorry for waiting.” The Doctor said while looking at them. “So, where are we?” She did not ask them but more on, she’s asking herself, then, smiling at her own fault. “My results…” She told her. She doesn’t want to be obvious that she already wants to go home, to just rest. She feels heavy when she’s on a hospital. “Ah yes! So, are you the husband?” She’s smiling at Brad while pointing her fingers.

‘Ah, right! His ego is totally swollen right now.’ She said to herself.

He responded as if he is really her husband, though, they are acting like now. Not really. “Yes, Doctor.”

“Congratulations! She’s 1 week pregnant.” It feels like her breath will evaporate. What did she just hear? She touched her tummy.

“So, that sickness that you’ve been experiencing is a morning sickness. That’s why it’s only every morning and don’t worry, after 1 to 2 months, it will change. But for the meantime, I’m going to give you vitamins and don’t forget to drink maternal milk. After every 3 months, you must go here again for us to monitor the health of the baby, alright?” She just nodded.

“Thank you, Doc, we’ll come back here as often as we could and please take care my wife and our baby.” She looked at Brad, searching for certain emotions. She found nothing except that his eyes were different. She doesn’t know what word would describe that. “Let’s go?” He held her hand, she lets him.

------

He covered his mouth with excitement. Doesn’t even understand what he must feel. He looks at Angie, she is emotionless. He felt she wasn’t ready. “Let’s go?” He holds her hand. He is happy because of their child but he isn’t happy how Angie is reacting. Their holding each other on their way out to the hospital but everything is in silence. He wants to be angry but it’s not appropriate especially he hasn’t heard from Angie on their pregnancy.

“Do you want to go somewhere? Eat anything?” He’s worried but he won’t let her know.

“Ha? Ah, I think I’m just going to rest for a while then I’m going to talk to Samantha. I don’t want to work until my due.” She told him. He feels something just pulls out of his heart, he smiled.

“Of course.” Brad reached the door of the car and let her sit. A little while, brad started the engine. “is it alright if we stopped by the supermarket?” It was not a question but rather a statement that he wants to shop.

Brad stopped by one of the supermarket that’s near his pad. Brad opened the door for her. She’s not still smiling. They went to the fruits and vegetables section while Brad pushes the cart. “Eat all of these alright?” Angie just nodded. Brad caressed her back, about to say something when somebody intrude their conversation.

“Brad?! Is that you?” Brad turned around to the voice speaking. “Kyle?!” He said in excitement and embraced the woman. They were talking almost 5 minutes or maybe more than that when Brad remembered that she’s with Angie. Her eyes searched for Angie, but she was gone.

“What’s the matter?” Said Kyle. “Ah, did you notice the lady I’m with earlier?” She denied. He felt her hands caressing the back of his waist, it didn’t bother him. “Maybe she’s bored and goes home? Why don’t we eat or at least have a coffee? I know ̶” He stopped Kyle. “I’m sorry, I’m with somebody else. I’ll just see you around.” He started to look for Angie leaving Kyle.

Angie holds a bottled coffee, circling it to her hand. “Someone else? That’s pretty nice.” Angie can hear the conversation of Brad and that woman who kept on touching him earlier even though she saw her.

“Hey! I’m looking for you all over the place.” He seems worried. “Coffee’s not good for you.” Brad gets the bottle of coffee from her, but she won’t just let go of the bottle. “I want coffee.” She said. “You can’t, you’re pregnant. Just try some natural juices.” Her hand is holding really hard on the battle. “Angie, don’t be stubborn. It’s for our child.” Her grip to the bottle suddenly loosen. “Let’s go home. I’m tired.” She said without any emotions but instead, it was pure annoyance.

“Are all pregnant woman like this?” He said while she continues to walk, she’s already mad but he kept on talking. “Brad, don’t start with me.” Brad’s face changed right away but it changed again when the woman that he was talking to came to them. She immediately went to the car and closed it. Brad didn’t mind peaking on her, he started to talk to the woman. She leaned her back but after a while, she looked at her wrist watch and looks at where she left Brad and the woman, but she did not saw them.

“Seriously?” She told herself. She waited and waited but then again. Again, she checked out the time until the car door opens.

“I’m sorry, I just did something.” She looks at Brad but, something is stranger than her waiting him. “It’s fine. Just get me home.” She told him. Brad refused. “You’re going to live with me until your due date, I have to monitor you.” She sighed, she did not disagree with what he said because she knows that he will just force it. Like their engagement, their marriage. She’s still waiting for him to speak about the marriage but maybe, her being pregnant changed it. Brad started the engine and drives safely to his pad.