Confessions in the cold (Bertholdt x Reader)

Training was over, finally. You have been really tired lately, god how you have been longing the shower at the end of the day, getting rid of all the sweat and dirt. Although you really don't like showering with other people. 

You waited for a bit before grabbing your towel and necessary items and made your way down to the showers. There were times for both boys and girls to have their showers which made it an extra long wait. You opened the door, peeking round it to make sure there was no one there. Making your way down the rows of showers you got to the far end as you suddenly  hear a shower switch on, you  stopped dead in your tracks and peeked round the corner and immediately launched yourself back and landed on your backside which made quite a loud thump. Around the corner was Bertholdt. Shit, why was he here? He might not have heard you but the shower switched off again, there was some shuffling and suddenly he came around the corner and was scared out of the wits by the fact that you  were on your backside on the floor still trying to pull yourself together. His cheeks flushed pink, he looked away for a second and stretched a hand out for you to take and get back up. Your cheeks also went red and you took his hand and pulled yourself up. 

"Thanks, Bertl" you said, looking away.

"Haha, my pleasure. I must have scared you. What are you doing here so late anyway?" he said looking into your (e/c) eyes. 

"Eee, you sure did. I really don't like being down here when other a people are around." you answered flatly. 

"Well I won't put you off your shower, I'll see you later,(name)" he said, recollecting his things and slowly making his way to the exit. 

"Bye, Bertl~"

After having a relaxing shower, thinking about Bertholdt. You remembered seeing him stretching his hand out to you while only wearing a towel around his waist...He looked so cute and embaressed. To be honest you were pretty embaressed too. Thinking about all these things made your stomach become very light and made it tingle. What is this feeling?... You made your way back to the dorm, making your way slowly and quietly to your cot, many people were already fast asleep. Trying not to make the old wooden floor creak you eventually got to the end of the room. You slept right next to the wall, which made it even colder. You slipped into your bed sheets and brang your knees up to your chest to make yourself small and keep all the heat in one space. You slowly breathed out, making it more of a sigh and you could see your warm breath in the freezing cold air around you making a little cloud that faded away in a matter of seconds. 

Eventually you got bored of staring at the wall so you flipped over still not being able to fall asleep. Maybe changing the position would help. You looked around the room, above you was Sasha snoring quietly to herself which made you jealous since you couldnt sleep at all yourself. The next pair of cots belonged to Bertholdt and Reiner. Bertholdt! Remembering what happened earlier your cheeks flushed pink in the dark. 

It's been a while and you still haven't been able to go to sleep. Hearing more snoring and muffled noises you made a long sigh that turned out to be quite loud, you quickly put your palm over your mouth preventing the noise to escape even more. Suddenly you hear shifting in the opposite bed. You look closely, it was Bertl's bed, as you watched closely you could see his eyes slowly open and look right at you. You backed further into your sheets, waiting for what would happen.

"Can't sleep aye, (name)?" said a voice, quietly but loud enough for you to hear. You recognised it immediately, it was Bertl's. 

"No..too cold" you said with a bit of a sigh which again made a little cloud which disappeared.

A couple of minutes passed, you hear more shuffling and then Bertl's says something again.

"(name)? If you're really cold you can come to me, i don't mind sharing some body heat if it helps you sleep" he said, whith a bit of embaressment which was clearly heard in his voice. 

"Err, uh... sure, thanks Bertl." Did he really just say that? Unwillingly you unwrapped yourself from your bedsheets and quietly made your way to Bertl's cot. He lifted his sheets in a welcoming way. Slowly, you lay down next to him. Immediately the flush of warmth got to you and made you shiver for a minute. Bertholdt felt the shiver and edged closer, pressing himself against your back. You took the chance and moved yourself in closer too. He slid his hand over you and slightly tugged at your waist. Already the heat made you tired and sleepy. Your eyelids were closing but Bertl's voice made them fling open again.

"You know (name)... I might as well say this now..." he breathed down your neck taking a moment before continuing what he was saying. "Ireallylikeyou". It took you a moment to realise what he had said. Your heart beat stopped from a split second. You thought for a moment and shifted a bit turning over in the bed sheets so that you could face Bertholdt. Taking another moment you said:

"I really like you too" after saying those words, you could feel a pair of lips come in contact with yours, shocked at first you stiffened but then relaxing, you followed his lead, kissing him passionately. You had to break away since you were out of breath. You looked into his eyes, that you were barely able to see in the darkness of the room. 

"I love you" he repeated, leaving a soft kiss in your hair. 

"I love you too, Turtle" surprised by his new nickname he chuckled silently. 

You grabbed him around his chest and pressed hard against it and let your head rest against it, being able to hear his hearbeat. He tightly hugged you back and nuzzled into your (h/l) (h/c) hair.

Quickly you fell asleep with a happy, lovingly warm feeling.