Chapter 2

Chapter 2 By the time Lunch rolled in , everyone had heard of the " episode ' which happened in the homeroom with the " new guy " .  As we were waiting in the line , Samuel saw Noel come with his usual followers ( the jocks ) and get in the line behind us, which caused him to grimace.   All the girls in the school thought that Noel Albaster was their own " knight-in-a-shining-armor " when in reality he was just a spoiled little brat used to getting everything he wanted and to top it off was a total player.  Izzy seemed to have a thing for the guy so I was always polite with him but I could never understand what all the girls see in him.   He was just like a mannequin , beautiful to look at , but, empty on the inside.  As Lulu turned to see , who had pushed her so rudely from behind , her mouth already forming a sharp retort , her eyes came in contact with Jesse , Izzy's brother.  According to Izz he was a wastrel , nothing else, but as she was his sister , she did'nt seem to notice that he a cruel-looking mouth and eyes so deep you could drown in them.  I always had a soft corner for Jesse, and I would'nt dare go and tell it to Izzy or Socks, as Isabelle and Samuel would probably die Laughing and tease her mercilessly.  Anyways nothing was ever come out of her daydreams , as Jesse barely glanced at her and when he did all he saw was an annoying-friend-of-his-even-annoying-sister.  When I turned fully to face him , it seemed to me , as if all the oxygen had been sucked right out of the room.  " Sorry , Estelle didn't mean to push you " , said the devil smiling in my face.  Even before I could reply , his current girlfriend Tiffany came and wrapped her arms around him and started making out with him.  Right in Front of me. I don't know why but I felt as if I had just been betrayed and I just turned and started moving as if my whole world hadn't just shattered into pieces.   When I reached socks and Izz they both were arguing about which seat to sit on.  Socks wanted to go sit in the middle as that area was much nicer but izzy wanted to go and sit near the windows.  In the end , Samuel gave in as he usually did To Izzy , and we went and sat near the windows.  Everyone knows Samuel adores Isabelle , as in more than a friend , but either , Izzy is too oblivious to it or she's blind.  There was one empty chair next to me and as soon as we sat , the chair was pulled and Damien plopped in it with his tray.  For a while , everyone was a little stunned at having a new person joining us as it has always been us three.   NO ONE ELSE.  Our moms even used to call us " The Three Musketeers " .  Finally Socks opened his mouth and asked Damien about his punishment and what happened in the principal's office.  To which Damien replied , " Oh ! Nothing . I just have detention , that's all ", with a smile directed at Izzy.  When Socks saw the way Damien was looking at Izz he just snapped at him ," Oh, that's too bad as its your new day and all ".  " Its turning out to be really interesting so far ", never taking off his gaze from Izzys Face causing her to turn blush under his stare.  For a while no one said anything and I tried to make small chat with Damien , by asking about his previous school , his friends , about his family, etc etc.  After that the silence began to turn a little awkward as Sam looked ready to kill Damien , Lulu running out of topics and Izzy being a little shy at the way things were turning.  Only Damien seemed oblivious and carried on with his eating.