A ring and a Number

A ring. 

Not just any ring, THE ring.

John didn't know what to do with it. An hour ago he kept himself busy with cleaning the entire flat before going into Sherlock's room to do the same. He accidentally knocked the nightstand over and the drawer as well as its contents spilled out onto the floor..and he found a ring. 

It was a nice ring, silver with his and Sherlock's initials carved onto the inside. John cleaned up the mess but now he sits on Sherlock's bed, staring at the silver ring in his hand. 

How could he have been so cold towards his partner? Ever since the incident with Moriarty John felt like Sherlock would never love him, because he was tainted. Besides the fact that John needed space after the fact, once he got over what happened he still put space between him and the man he loved in fear of rejection.

John carefully puts the ring back into the box and returns it to its home in the nightstand. He was just about to leave when he saw a sticky note on the ground, crumpled up, with a phone number on it. He didnt recognize the number. 

Who could this be?

He pulled out his phone and dialed the number, curious of who it may be..since he knew nearly all of the people Sherlock he wondered what this number was. The phone rang, and rang, and rang for nearly a minute before the other line answered. 

"HELLO?" the voice sounded real pissed off, the answer was quick and sharp...and that voice sounded familiar, but different. It was too quick to really pin a voice to it even.

"Who the fuck is it? Tell them to call back! I need to fucking cum!!" Another voice in the background. But John knew this one. It was Sherlock.

John stopped in his tracks and stood still. He hung his phone up instantly and let out a small sob. 

What was Sherlock doing? And who was the man he was with?