Chapter 26

"The winner of the Grand Magic Games is... Fairy Tail!"

Loud cheers and applause filled the arena as soon as Chapati Lola announced the final result. A large grin plastered on my face as I watched from a lacrima vision inside my room in the inn.

I hugged my legs closer to my chest and rested my head on my knees, a calm smile not leaving my lips.

'I knew they could do it.'

The screen showed Erza, Gajeel, Laxus, Gray and Juvia standing victoriously despite their injuries. Oddly, Natsu didn't participate in the final games. Did something happen to him?

I can't help but feel bad for Sting, but I'm proud how he matured in such a short period of time. Rogue did his best, too.

"Lucy-sama, are you not gonna cogratulate your friends?" I heard Yukino asked beside me, sitting on her own bed.

Both of us decided to watch from here, I don't know her reason but for me... Well, I don't have the courage to face Fairy Tail after I left them 3 days ago.

"I would've done that if it was that easy." I sighed.

Even after Rogue and I talked, I'm still scared of leaving them. Although he did say it won't mean I'll leave them.

But... I guess I'm still just running away. After I went to Rogue's side instead of them, I'm scared that they won't accept me anymore.

"Lucy-sama..." Yukino called, and I saw from my peripheral vision that she shifted from her bed and sat at the edge, facing me.

I turned to her, "Yeah?"

"You love Fairy Tail, right?"

I nodded.

"You want to be with them, right?"

I nodded again.

"They love you, too, and want to be with you, too. It's just up to you to stop running away, Lucy-sama." Yukino stated, a small smile gracing her face.

I shifted my position and faced her as well. "I'm scared... After I didn't choose them... I'm scared they might not accept me anymore."

"Lucy-sama, Fairy Tail have members that were previous your enemies, right?"

My eyes widened as I nodded, a realization forming in my head.

"And Laxus-sama did something terrible in the past, too."

I looked down, my fists clenching as I listened to Yukino's words.

"Then you should know how forgiving and accepting your guild is. You're very lucky to have such amazing friends."

A tear escaped my eye as I realized she was right. Yukino gave me a warm smile.

"Yukino..." I called, standing up as I walked towards her.

"You're one of those amazing friends." I told her, pulling her into a hug. "Thank you..."

"L-Lucy-sama..."

Yukino hugged me back, tapping my back lightly as I let my tears escape.

"Emergency!"

The door slammed open as someone from the guild suddenly entered and yelled, panting.

We both stood up and I gave him a questioning gaze.

"Master and Lady Minerva left the guild!"

I just blinked, unsure how it was an emergency. I mean... wouldn't that be better?

The guilds spent a few days of rest to prepare for the Grand Magic Ball that the King himself hosts. It was the first time he invited wizards to his palace for a party, I heard.