36 - Losing him

Erick's POV

It's my fault. I let her go. I let her find her way to my bandmate, my housemate, my best friend. Deep inside I know he's better than me, and that's what killing me. She deserves better, I know it. But I just can't let myself know she's with someone else. I can't take it.  

Isabella knocked on my door. Looking at the blood on my fist, I'll never open the door. She can't see how weak I've become for her. "Erick, let me talk to you, please." She begged. 

I can hear she's crying. The only thing I can do to her best is making her cry. "I don't want to hurt you tonight, Bella. Leave." I said loud enough for her to hear me. After a few seconds of waiting, she gave up and leave to her room.

My knuckles pounding so hard, waking me up from my sleep. I look for the first aid kit and wrapped the bandage around it. When I look at my phone, it occurs to me that Isabella should go to work now but she didn't wake me up. She can't be leaving alone, Juan would kill me if he knows. 

I rushed to her room and knocked on her door. When she didn't answer I open it up, only to find she's putting on her clothes. Her eyes were puffy and we all know why. My heart aches from the guilt I felt, but I don't let it show.

"I'll wait for you downstairs." The only thing I can let out from my mouth. I wait for her in the living room, and she came down a few minutes later. 

The drive to her workplace was silent. I'm still disturbed my the image of her and Chris kissing in my head. "Erick, your hand." Isabella stuttered, trying to reach for my hand on the steering wheel. 

She asked me what happened, as if she couldn't guess it. I didn't answer, pretending that I was too focused on the road. "Erick, what-" "I punched the wall last night. Happy?" I snapped.

Isabella bit her lips and look away. Fuck you, Erick. Can't you be nicer to the person you love? My inner self lectured me. "I'm sorry I raised my voice." I mumbled as we reached the daycare.

I parked across the road from the daycare, so that I can keep my eyes on the entrance. I put on my earphones and turned on some music to pass time, and replied to some texts I received.

Joanne: Hows the ex babysitting going? 

Me: Sucks. Can't wait until this is over and I get to see you again. 

I don't mean it. But after knowing about Chris, maybe I should just accept the fact that I'm not meant to be in any serious love shit. At least I'm not fucking with Isabella's best friend.

Joanne: I'll give you the best welcome back sex when it ends.

Me: I know you will, mami 

I hate that I can never see other girls for anything but sex. As much as I tried to I can never have feelings for anyone like I had for Bella or Cami. And now Cami is dead, and Bella has a trace of Chris on her body. 

I lost focused on the daycare, when someone tap on the window from the passenger side. Before I could ask anything he placed his gun on the window. Fuck. Who the hell is this.

I unlocked the car, and he got in, pointing his silencer attached gun on my lower ribs. "Where's your boss?" He asked. 

"He's not around. Whatever your deal is, what if you keep that shit away and let your mouth talk?" I answered, keeping myself cool from tripping. 

He grinned, looking down to his gun before he turned his eyes back towards me. "My boss don't think so. He wants me to use this as a message." As soon as he said that I felt a sharp metal entering my abs. 

Isabella's POV

I can't do anything right. Mrs Jules noticed too. "You've worked with me for years, and I've never seen you like this. Take a day off today." She strokes my arms and assured me with a smile. 

Maybe going home is the best. Even though it means another cold day with Erick. When I was about to leave I saw someone in the car with Erick. When I get closer their conversation seems to have ended. 

The guy smiled at me before her walked away. I was too busy studying who he was when I heard Erick groans in pain from inside the car. "Erick!" I screamed in panic when I saw blood on his hand while he's holding the left side of his abs. 

The guy was long gone when I look back. I rushed to the driver side of the car, and helps Erick to move himself to the passenger seat. Erick pull out a card from his wallet, a business card of the vet that treats Juan's guys. 

"I know that place. Now keep your hand on that wound." My voice trembled. I can't hold my tears. I can't lose him. Not yet. 

I'm speeding on the road, with this scenario of him dying that I can't shake away from my head. Erick reached for my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine, slowly rubbing his thumb on me. I squeezed it tightly as if I can hold his life in mine so that it won't be taken away.

"Don't worry, Bella

"Don't worry, Bella." His voice shaken from the pain he's having. My heart dropped when I hear him starts gasping for his breath. "I'll be fine." He comforts me. 

It feels like it's taking forever for us to reach the vet and my vision gets blurrier from the tears that keeps running out from my eyes. I feel like I'm losing him on every second we spent on the road. 

"I'm sorry... for hurting you." Erick whispered beside me. "No, Erick you can't say that yet. Keep it until we get the vet to treat you." I cried out. 

Erick forced himself to laugh, and ended up coughing, only to make it harder for me to breath. "I love you." He mumbled but clear enough for me to hear it. 

"I love you too so don't you dare to leave me like this, Erick." I begged him.

Don't forget to give my little star a lovely touch 😉 hope this chapter is dramatic enough, because I love drama. Love ya.