chapter 2 • the flight

finally, the day of my flight had come. i had been anxious all week and i couldn't focus, but thankfully we hadn't had anything important at school that week. my ticket came in a couple days ago and this would be my first time going on an airplane by myself, and an airplane itself. i was a little nervous, but all of the excitement took over.

this morning, i had just finished packing my bags. i tried to pack cute clothes that went together, and i hoped they would look good. i grabbed my ticket and brought all of my bags downstairs, setting them by the door. i sat down at the table and my mother greeted me with breakfast. "are you excited? nervous?" she smiled and sat down next to me. i smiled with a slight shrug "both, excited to meet them but nervous for the plane ride" i laughed and finished my breakfast.

i left the house and an uber brought me to the airport. i sat in the airport for around two hours and finally boarded the plane. i sat by a lady with two kids, but thankfully the kids were behaved and i could have a peaceful flight. i slept and listened to my music most of the time, my stomach churning from nervousness. i woke up as the plane landed and i got off the plane. i found my bags and started to head towards the exit and i gasped, a huge smile on my face as i saw tal fishman holding a sign with my name on it.

i took a deep breath and walked towards him, hoping i wouldn't say anything stupid. i approached him and he looked up, smiling. "hey! welcome to la!" he greeted me with a hug, and of course i hugged him back. "thank you so much, i'm so excited" i nodded and he walked me out to his car and helped me put my bags in the back.

"i gave adi a ride to school this morning, so he doesn't have one back. wanna come with me to pick him and a couple of his buddies up?" he asked as we both got in the car. i nodded and raised an eyebrow, looking at the backseat. "you sure you will fit all of them?" i laughed and he laughed along with me. "we'll figure it out, amaya."

-
i hope all of you are enjoying this so far! i plan to have many more chapters coming up. :)