1. her

The first thing I realize when I wake up is that it's cold and very very silent. And I don't mean cold like when you step outside during the middle of winter with nothing but a tank top and shorts on, I mean like cold like when your ceiling fan has obviously been on too long and you can feel it on your arms.

I slowly open my eyes and all I see is an empty room. There's a small window to the left of me allowing a small stream of light into the room and that's when I realize I'm laying in a bed. A hospital bed. What the hell? I look around. The room I'm in really only holds enough space for the bed and a small pathway to get to the door.

As I sit up I realize I have a massive headache. What happened to me? Where am I? I slowly stand up and stretch my legs, looking down I see I'm wearing this hideous hospital gown that's a dull blue and green with small flowers on it that ends right above my knees. I turn around to inspect the bed I was laying in only to notice a full body length mirror right next to the headboard. I walk towards it and I get a full look at myself. Or what I believe to be is myself. Staring back at me is a girl, with wide blue eyes and very messy brown hair, which stops around the elbows. She's not very tall, maybe around 5"6', with a small nose and awkwardly long arms.

I squint at the reflection, "Who are you?" I ask out loud to myself.

I quickly turn around and feel a rush of panic go through me. Why do I not know who I am? Why can't I remember anything? How did I even get here? And more importantly why am by myself...?

I silently curse myself as I remember the window to my left. I quickly pace all of two steps before I reach the windowsill. I put both my hands to the glass and stare outside.

It looks like any normal city one would imagine. A small grocery store stands to the right, on an empty street next to other conveniently placed shops. Out in the distance, you can see a neighborhood with cars parked in driveways.

Wait...cars? Why haven't I seen a single human yet? It's been too quiet, and I haven't heard any voices outside the door.

The door you idiot! I release a sigh as I slowly trudge to the wooden frame that's separating me from the rest of this godforsaken building I have no idea what I'm doing in. I hesitantly push down on the handle, and make my way out of the room.

•••

Hi okay this is the first chapter and I know it's really terrible and fucking short sorry idek I'm writing this and it's legit 1am.

I guess leave your thoughts???? Not that anyone is reading this and yeah I know I'm a shitty writer but ya... Again sorry it sucks but please if you have any feedback you're rad ok.