19 . Hell From Above

Saffron

The world stopped. 

I watched as my life was pulled away from me. Taken away on a bed and rolled down the road to the nearest hospital. 

My eyes stung hard. I felt a hand take mine and pull me back into the house and away from the door. My ears rang. There was nothing but silence. 

I saw Mark, looking me up and down before pulling me into a hug. My mouth hung open, eyes fixed on the floor as he held me tight. My legs gave way.... It felt like death...

"Saffron... Saffron can you hear me?" I heard mumbling voices approach me from time to time. 

I felt warm hands clench my back as I was pulled towards someone's chest. I saw bright green fluffy hair above me and a smile. Jack, was holding me close. He sat on the couch, basically cradling me in his arms.  

I clenched his shirt tightly. 

"Ethan... Ethan... Ethan..." I repeated under my breath. My tears came hard and fast. I needed Ethan. I couldn't live without him. I felt like I couldn't breath. 

"Saff it's alright, Ethan is going to be fine he just needs a check up" Jack comforted me and sat me upright on the couch next to him. 

I looked him in the eye. Flashes racing through my mind. I felt my heart aching. I was falling again. Hitting those cold wooden floors.

Then I was in heaven, feeling Ethan against my skin, his lips touching mine. I felt his warm hands in mine. I screamed. 

"No... No your lying to me! Your lying!" I was in a hot mess. Clenching my hair. Jack held me tightly and looked over at Mark, shaking his head. Mark was in a mess. He blamed himself for the accident. Amy was in her sins.

I sobbed into Jacks shirt. Holding him close. I had to imagine it was Ethan, just to keep me from going insane. But he smelt different, he felt different. It was difficult. But I knew I had to.

Then I let go. I felt myself running towards the door. I reached out the grab the handle when I was pulled away, strong, firm arms locked around my waist. My feet left the floor and I kicked frantically. 

Ethan was there! He was just out of reach. I screamed and cried. Before realising, it was my imagination. He floated away like a ghost in the evening winds. I clung to the door frame, clenching it hard and refusing to let go. 

An Hour Later...

The stream had closed after Mark explaining what had happened. I had been sat in the same place ever since Ethan was taken away from me. It was like a hole had been drilled into my chest. 

Jack, Mark, Tyler and Felix comforted me all the while. But they weren't the people I needed right now. 

Why did I need him so badly? Why? Why?!

Mark casually paced from one side of the room to the other, Amy was waiting near the phone. We were all silent, awaiting a call from the hospital. Something... Anything!

I dreaded the thought, but Ethan's allergies were harsh and even one small bite of a peanut could... Could... He could leave my life forever. 

Mark

Everything was wrong. This was all my fault. Poor Saffron was in such a mess, we were doing our best to comfort her, but I understood.

I couldn't imagine being without Amy. I don't think I would have lasted this long.

"Guys I'm gonna head down to the hospital and see how he's doing. I'll give you a call when I'm on my way back" I said swiftly. I picked up my keys and shut the door behind me and hopping into my car. 

As I arrived at the hospital, I slowly walked through the entrance. I saw Ethan in a hospital bed in one of the hallways and rushed over to him. He looked like he was sleeping, but with the oxygen mask on and wires coming from who knows where. I was finding that hard to believe. 

Thank fully, there were a couple of times when the mask would team up on the inside, proving he was breathing. I didn't want to disturb, so I sat next to him quietly and awaited a nurse to walk down the hallway. 

I felt so sorry for the guy. His tinted blue hair was slowly dying away. Slopping onto his forehead. He was doused in sweat. His cheeks were rosy but his symptoms had gone down since we last saw him. 

Finally, a nurse came pacing down the hallway and approached Ethans bed. 

"Excuse me? Sorry, i'm here to see Ethan and I was wondering how he is doing. He doesn't look great but how are his symptoms?" I asked and she glanced at me.

"Well.." she sighed "I'm gonna be honest, it may take a while for Ethan to reco- operate. The reaction was pretty servear and if you hadn't called an ambulance when you did then things could have ended very badly. But, don't worry. He'll be out within the next few days." With that she smiled and pushed Ethans bed down the hall way and into another room. I stood, silent. 

My palms were damp with sweat. I felt sick to the stomach to even think about what could have happened. 

Jack

I held Saffron close to me. Repeating to her that it was ok and she was safe. 

Suddenly, my phone rang and everyone almost jumped out of their skin. I released my hand from around Saffron and picked up my phone from the table.

"It's Mark!" I said and picked up the phone. 

"Hi Mark, how is he?......"

"Oh.. Ok."

"That's good."

"Alright see you soon." I hung up and looked at everyone around the room before returning to Saffrons eyes. 

She looked at me in such worry, her eyes were grey and heavy. Filled with fear. I sat her up properly and looked at her straight. 

"Saffron, Ethan is fine. He has to stay for a couple of days but he is doing great! Mark is gonna be home soon and you ask him about it" I smiled. Saffron nodded slowly and placed her hand over her mouth before running to the downstairs bathroom. 

We all heard as she continued to vomit. The sorrow in the room was growing. We all missed Ethan and were worried about him, but we were concerned about how much this was effecting Saffron. We would have to keep a close eye on her for the next three days...