fifteen

[two months later]

"I want to thank everyone who has helped me at this school. To thank everyone in this school would be a lie. It's the truth that I don't know all of you or like all of you. That's just how life works. If everyone liked each other, war wouldn't exist, finding jobs would be easier, getting better grades would be easier. High school was definitely hard, and although I'm praying that college is easier, I know it's not going to be. I know I said I want to thank everyone who has helped me, but I want to be even more precise. My parents, my English teacher, Seokjin—who is my boss at the flower shop—and Namjoon who is my coworker at the flower shop have all helped me on my journey to growing up. I'm going to miss so many of you guys, but I know that I'll never forget you all and I'll definitely be back to visit. I won't be going far. To those of you who don't know, I want to teach English—the language, of course. I'd like to study abroad for some time and then come back to this school to teach. Thank you for listening to my speech."

Boa listened to the applause that her classmates and their parents gave her. She saw Namjoon and Seokjin from up on the stage, and once she got back on the ground, she immediately ran to them and hugged Namjoon.

"Thank you for coming."

Namjoon smiled. "No problem, Boa. I wouldn't have missed it. So when are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow afternoon. I have a plane to catch to Europe. I won't be gone long. Four years will pass by quickly. Besides, I'll always come visit on breaks."

"You better. Don't forget about me when you're all successful," Namjoon told her.

Boa laughed and punched his shoulder before kissing his cheek. "Thanks. I'll make sure to share the money."

"You better. After all, we're going to be married one day."

"In your dreams," Boa scoffed.

"Correct for four more years. After that, it'll come true."