216 Ways To Die (A Cleveland, Ohio Horror Story)

A Brief Summary Of 216 Ways To Die

216 Ways To Die fictionalizes true stories about the way some people died within the 216 area code of Cleveland, Ohio. The book is broken down into 22 chapters which all tell a different story.

Here is 2 of those 22 chapters!; Enjoy!!

A Liquid Love Story; Part1

For many people life within the 216 city limits was full of unhappiness. Poverty itself was enough to make a muthafucka sad, so everything else that came with growing up in the ghetto brought extra distress. If you were someone suffering from the conditions of poverty there was so many reasons to be pissed off. In most cases everybody had their own separate issues. And everyone's issue needed some kind of solution even if it was just temporary.

Some people temporarily escaped their poverty issues with entertainment. Music, television, and video games were the perfect temporary escape. Entertainment allowed one's mind to journey off into a fantasy land so far away from reality at times. Television and video games sometimes had the power to make you feel as if you were right there on the set. While music sometimes had the power to make you feel like you were along for the ride.

Others chose various types of alcohol and drugs as their form of temporary escape. It didn't even matter if the journey off to fantasy land was only for a few minutes. People still paid their money to go on an adventure. But similar to how people feel when a movie or a song goes off, once the high goes away it's usually back to that harsh reality. In the process many people end up pushing themselves even further into poverty all for the love of fantasy chasing.

Sex is also a temporary fantasy ride that provides more pleasure than entertainment and drugs combined. It can also become an addiction. And there is nothing like the experience of sex while high on some kind of drug. It makes sex much more stimulating as well as pleasurable. And although drugs such as heroin have been known to make muthafuckas bust nuts, there is still no comparison to that of an orgasm produced from the pleasures of sex with the opposite sex.

Juniors temporary fantasy drug of choice was PCP. Unlike the experience most people got from it his was more of a dream-like experience in which he entered into a world that was full of peace. It helped him to temporarily escape the mental turmoil that came with living in a world full of pain and poverty. And while high on the drug he felt no pain. That alone was enough to keep him coming back for more.

Sometimes he would cut school to get away from everyone and go somewhere where he could blaze up a nicely dipped cigarette all by himself. Junior was a short little light-skin dude who probably weighed about one-twenty-five wet. So one little dip-stick was all it took to take him straight up to cloud nine. Once the cigarette was completely down to the bud he would just lay back with a smile on his face as he slowly drifted away into fantasy paradise. His high would usually last for a few hours then he would slowly drift back into the world of harsh realities.

It wasn't long before this turned into a daily habit for him. And what was at first just a minor addiction that consisted of just one dipped cigarette per day quickly turned into two to three. Before he knew it he found himself hustling just to get high. And the more he did it the more his craving as well as his tolerance for it grew. After a while it took a half a pack of cigarettes just for him to get a buzz.

But he was in love; so he thought. In a world that could turn out to be very cold sometimes a man, woman, or child can easily find themselves falling in love with whatever brings them some kind of pleasure. Junior was only a teenager but was already taking grown man doses of PCP. He was so locked into the pleasures of it that it never crossed his mind that he may have been moving too fast. And if you would have told him that he wouldn't have wanted to hear it.