chapter 1

Chapter: 1

So it’s the morning of the 3rd day that my horse has been here, today I’m going to put a saddle on her for the first time! This should be interesting! I got up got dressed and went down to the barn, as always she was kicking and going mad I just don’t know what to do to make her stop she’s crazy !

I went to the tack room got my saddle and a bridle for her; well here goes nothing I thought.

I got to her stable and the groom came in, “morning Tyler how is you this wonderful sunny day?”  “Morning John I’m as good as it’s going to get how about you?” “Well I’m good thank-you, you planning to ride this crazy mare today?”

Hahaha yeah I am just be on standby” ï joked with him, but I think he took it to heart coz the next thing I knew he was waiting in the arena for me, ohh well here goes nothing I saddled up the crazy mare and walked to the mounting block and hopped on, wow she just stood gosh this was going to be easier than I thought…….. Or so I hoped, I nudged her on with my heels and she walked forward, from a horse that I thought would take my face of to a… DEAD horse gosh she is defiantly a weird one.

I walked into the arena and started trotting around………… and that’s where everything changed she was kicking bucking throwing her head going absolutely crazy, guess I was wrong, she just wouldn’t stop, she was rearing bucking kicking stomping her feet, what the hell did I get myself into IM GOING TO DIE !!!!!!!

Next thing I know and bam I’m on the floor and towering above me stood my mare just standing there looking at me as if nothing ever happened, this was going to be  a hard one to crack I thought , I got up onto my feet and walked towards her, grabbed the reins and lead her back to the barn.

“Nice fall Tyler” john joked with me, gosh I was so confident how could this happen I really thought she was just going to do as I asked, I hope I don’t regret this.

I put her in her stable and began to untack her, I took her saddle off and her boots and then her bridle, I then grabbed the halter that hung just outside her stable and slipped it on, she was so calm, I just don’t understand what’s wrong with her sometimes and I’m going to get to the bottom of this horse.

I lead her out the stable and down the big barns passage and out the doors and went to rinse her down, for doing absolutely no work she sure did sweat up a storm!

After rinsing her down I walked her to her paddock and let her in she had quite a big paddock all to herself, she could run around and roll and just be a horse.

I pulled myself up on to the wooden poles and sat there and watched her, she was so graceful trotting around and then going into a full blown gallop, how could one horse be so beautiful, but want to kill you at the same time?

After sitting and watching her for quite some time I decided I’d better get on with the day, being school holidays and all I really didn’t have much to do besides ride or do chores, so I decided to go ride my ponies, I had 2 beautiful ponies one named blazing sprit and one named call me calabash, but I called them blaze and bashie.