02

dear m. n. m.,

i decided to write back to you just because i have nothing else to do and ask you a few questions regarding the letter you left inside my family's mailbox. but first, let me formally introduce myself just so you won't call me stranger. i'm luke robert hemmings, you obviously know where i live since you left a letter. yes, i am in charge of checking the mailbox for the family and i was the one who read your letter.

to start of, why would you write to a stranger? i mean, i know you did that to hopefully brighten someone else's day or make them feel better. but what if the house you happened to drop off that letter was a psycho killer's house? and you obviously left a small postscript note where you scribbled your address. what if he decided to pay you a visit and kills you eventually? think of your safety.

second, i don't know why you chose our house to drop off the letter. none of us in this household is depressed or anything close to suicidal or what have you. does our house look depressing or sad to you that made you think that someone inside might need an uplifting letter from a stranger?

third, and lastly, why use "m. n. m." as a signature? are you trying to be cute by naming yourself after chocolates? because it isn't working. it sounds immature.

i don't really know what to write here,
luke