The Finale

Things change, and they do so fast. There will be no warning signs, no wishes and no counter solutions for it. But I can't say anything. After all, it was too good to be true. The Cinderella being swept off her feet by a handsome billionaire, finally getting friends and a family. It was too good to last long.

So here I am. Locking up the bar, one of my many workplaces. At 4 am in the morning. It was not wise seeing that I had a shift in the 24 hour deli, at 6 am. But being left with nothing, I had to pick up any odd jobs there were, including staying an extra hour, just to receive overtime payment. I checked the locks again, a habit that I made since moving to the worst part of town, the downeast. The place where robberies, murders and drugs are as common as an expensive store in Upper East Side. I made my way down the walkway, clutching on to my handphone for safety even though the only person on my contact list was the police. Even my emergency contact person was the boss from the deli.

Its sad how life turned out this way. I moved here 6 months ago, broke, homeless, jobless with a cancer diagnosis and a divorce agreement in my bag. The bag that was filled with only two loaves of bread and a few pairs of clothes.