Chapter 23: Used

Cerise had her door back and she and her boyfriend were talking in her room.
Stephen, being a little snoop, was listening behind the door.

Her boyfriend leaned forward and connected their lips. Cerise let this part happen and kissed back. She didn't stop him until he began to pull her shirt off.

She broke the kiss and pushed his hand away. "No. I'm not going to have sex with you." She said.

"What's there to worry about? The doctor said you can't have babies." Her boyfriend replied.

Cerise stood from her bed. "Derrick that doesn't matter! Just because the doctor says I'm baron doesn't mean there isn't a possibility. Babies can happen by some miracle."

Her boyfriend Derrick also stood up and grabbed his things. "Well, then I guess we're done." He said and opened her door.

Stephen was now in his room but quietly followed Cerise down the steps in stealth mode.

"Wait, so you're breaking up with me because I'm not sleeping with you?! I'm not just some toy you can play with and then throw out!" She screamed.

"Oh really? Because it seems like you just put out for anyone." Derrick said through gritted teeth.

Cerise was in tears and anger at herself. "First off, I don't "put out." Secondly, I had sex with you because I thought you loved me!"

"Well clearly you were wrong because I never loved you!" Derrick shouted back. Adam had been in his office listening to the fight. He was angry.

Adam opened the front door. "Get out of my house." He said angrily. Cerise watched her now ex boyfriend leave.

Adam turned to his daughter and pulled her into a hug. "Baby girl..... it's gonna be ok." He said as he rubbed her back.

She was heartbroken. "He used me. How could I have been so foolish?" She said through sobs.

Stephen stepped in. "You're not foolish sissy. He's just a jerk who sleeps around with pretty girls like you to make himself feel better."

Cerise sniffled. "Yeah?" She asked. Stephen nodded. "Yeah." Adam smiled softly and left the room to let them talk.

Stephen handed his sister a carton of ice cream and sat with her on the couch. "Eat your feelings." He said just to make her laugh.

Cerise did laugh and it made her feel a little better. Stephen hugged her. "I know you better than anyone. I'm the only one that's allowed to be mean to you."