(Title Currently Undecided)

Hello! My name is Lauren, and this is my second wattpad story. I didn't excactly finish my first one, but I hope to often update this one! Please comment, vote, and most of all, enjoy! F.Y.I. many of the roads...restaurants...beaches...etc. in this story don't actually exist

Sometimes....I feel like the only one who dreads parties. The noise, the crowds of teenagers, the high expectations of your outfit, and the worst issue...your date. But how could I bail on my best friend Ellie. afterall it was the most important birthday of her life. Her sweet sixteen. I could hear her now pleading with me. "Allison, you have no idea how much this means to me! You love me don't you?!" I laughed at the thought. The party was being held at her two story beach house. There was no doubt in my mind that she was going to take advantage of the size of her house and invite as many people as possible.

It was a Saturday and the party was tonight. I planned on spending all afternoon deciding what to wear. I was stretched out on my bed starting into the mirror across from me. My auburn hair was long and thick. People would tell me it had a lot of potential, but I didn't even own a straighting iron. My dad insisted its a waist of money when you can just pin your hair up. I'm not what you would call a daddy's girl. My father believed that the society of today fails miserably and he doesn't want me to be a part of it. For example, concerts, nice cars, celebrities, the government, parties held by teenagers, teenagers in general, are many of the things he likes to negatively ramble on about. So that meant tonight's party was going to be kept a secret.

I called Ellie and asked for hair and outfit advise. "Allison, don't tell me I'm gonna have to create you a last minute outfit from my closet again." I rolled my eyes. "Trust me El, I didn't enjoy that either. I came out of your room without remembering to zip up the mini skirt." We both laughed at the memory. "Wear that pretty yellow blouse with the khaki skirt." I breifly pictured myself in the outfit and decided it would work. "K. See you there!"

It was around 5:00 and I had butterflies in my stomach thinking of all the high school boys that would be there, all of them so out of my league. On the bright side, they were a good motivation to make myself look presentable, something I was not good at. I blame my mother, who in a way is like my father. She's extremely conservative with money. That meant no nice jewelry, trips to the salon, and certainly no shopping sprees to the Seattle mall.

Ellie's Mom on the other hand came straight from girl world to earth. She practiclly owned her own MAC studio on her vanity, and her closet was the size of my room times two. When ever I hung out with Elie, I found myself more interested with talking about girly stuff with her mom, than Ellie herself. I wondered if she would even be there, but quickly assumed Ellie would be kicking her out.

I was sprawled across the floor facing up, checking  my cel phone. It didn't take me long to notice the time on the corner of the screen. 7:45. I was 15 minutes late. A rush of panic shot down my spine as I thought of the crap Ellie was certain dish out at me. But there was no more time to waste. I checked to make sure my dad still wasn't home from work, then hobbled out to my car in my occassionally worn wedges.

Now, sitting in my car, my objective was to calm myself down. It would not be a pretty sight if I walked into a house full of popular people, looking like I had just witnessed a murder scene bfore my very eyes.I tried focasing on the calm ocean to my right as I drove. My heart skipped a beat as I turned the corner and saw the overwhelmingly large amount of cars parked around her house. Nice cars. I pulled up to the spot by the sidewalk close to her driveway, the one she always saved for me for different occasions. I took one last make up check in my rear view mirror, then climbed out. The craziest party of my life awaited me on the other side of her door. Just open it, I told myself.