Cherish

I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. Something is wrong, miserably wrong. I run downstairs to discover my best friend on the sofa with a black eye and swollen cheek, crying. I know that the first thing I should ask is what happened but before I can think I ask ",how did you get in?" "You gave me a key, remember?," she responds faintly. I think back to the day I gave it to her where everything seemed perfect. Blue sky's, birds singing, dogs barking, then I hear her to begin to cry and I snap back into reality. "What happened?" I ask. "Can I tell you in the morning? It's really late and I'm exhausted," she asks in a yawn. "Ok" I reply understandingly.

I don't know how long we stay there until we slowly drift off to sleep. When I wake up, I scan the room around me realizing that what happened last night was no dream nor did I imagine it. I want to shake Ruby awake to ask the question that had been in my mind all night since she showed up, but instead I somehow manage not to and begin to make breakfast.

~ Ruby's point of view~

I wake up to the sweet smell of bacon, eggs, pancakes, and toast. I lay there believing I'm in my own house until I take a look around and realize I'm not. I feel a sudden pain with hurt and betrayal in it. I get up slowly, each movement bringing pain all throughout my body. What happened? I begin to wonder when a flash back goes through my mind, I have to hold something.

As I begin to fall, I feel something. I turn around to see Daisy holding my arm. A feeling goes through me, a sense of weakness and happiness. Weakness because I feel weak as if I'm an old woman and happiness because I have such an amazing friend like Daisy. Which makes what I'm about tell her even worse. As I sit back down, the question I've been avoiding from Daisy is about to be asked and I know it...