Chapter Twenty-One

Justin

I CHECK MY watch constantly as I sit in my lunch meeting that runs three hours over. I normally schedule my conferences for during the week, but Mr. Welter flew in specifically for me.

I invite Claire over that night. Although, I saw her that morning, I already miss her-miss touching and kissing her. I hadn't ever missed a girl like that before. Never.

No matter how many times I see her, it's never enough. I want more. More of her. Everything inside me screams to stop-stop letting her get close, stop letting her in.

But I don't.

I let her sledgehammer my thick walls, step over the debris, and get right under my skin. Something I swore I wouldn't do again after my life was almost destroyed before, but I don't feel in control of it anymore. My heart has completely taken over, ignoring all the flashing red warning signs around me.

We've fallen into a comfortable routine-cooking dinner, foreplay, eating dinner, and end up either on the living room floor, the shower, or sideways on my bed.

* * *

I wake up the next morning with my arms and legs wrapped up in Claire. Her back is pressed against my chest and all I can think about is how breathtakingly beautiful she is. Her messy locks are spread wildly on the pillow and her bare skin glows in the sunlight that's shining through the windows. Her face looks soft and pure as it relaxes against my arm that's wrapped under her. She looks absolutely...stunning.

She's an addiction I never knew I wanted, a feeling of never having enough, never touching enough, never smiling enough. She made me that person. That love-sick puppy dog that craves her like my last meal. That person I swore I'd never be-that person I never wanted to be.

She startles awake, and I instinctively wrap her in closer to me, not wanting to let her go.

"Good morning." I kiss her shoulder softly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Mm hmm," she moans, squirming against me. "I don't even remember falling asleep..."

I smile lightly. "You passed out pretty quickly after-"

"Oh, my god...my body. My legs," she interrupts. "They feel like jelly."

I rub a hand up and down her arm, feeling the goose bumps rise as I touch her. "Sorry about that." I grin.

She turns around, not even self-conscious about the sheet falling off her exposed chest. "You are so not." She smirks.

"Well, you're the gymnast. Perhaps you just need more practice."

She slaps my chest and wrinkles her nose-the most adorable fucking thing she does. "I don't think my body could handle more practice. I think it needs rest. And perhaps a massage." Her eyes light up, signaling exactly what she wants.

I lean down and kiss the tip of her nose. "I would love to, but I'm out of lotion."

She bursts out laughing and it takes me a moment to think about what's so funny.

"Oh, my god...no...not...stop laughing," I laugh with her. "That sounded really bad."

"Sorry," she apologizes, continuing to laugh. "I hang out with really immature guys. It's not my fault I find that funny."

"Wait...you hang out with guys?" I narrow my eyebrows at her, only teasing, but wanting to know the truth.

"Yes...is that a problem?" she counters.

I cup her breast aggressively making her wince. "Not at all." I grin. "As long as they're gay."

I shift on top of her and kiss the corner of her mouth. She smiles weakly, keeping her eyes closed.