CHAPTER THREE

Chapter Three~Project

"But they're so cool!"He whines."Uh,Heyy."

"Hi."I awkwardly wave,as Karen yanks the metal arm off of him.

"owie..."He says rubbing his arm."Uh,i mean,i'm manly and th-that didn't hurt at all!"

I roll my eyes and giggle,smiling at him and extending my hand."I'm Summer.Summer Davids."

Did this weirdo just make me giggle?

"Sorry,but men don't shake hands."He walks out with a sly smile on his face,with toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe.

"Uh,Mrs.Rooney i think i'm gonna go..."I sling my messenger bag over my shoulder,and head out after Joey. He seemed like a real dork and honestly i was a dork too,before my parents divorced.

"OMG IT'S LIV ON MY FAVORITE T.V. SHOW!!!SPACE-"

"SUMMER CALM DOWN!!!"My mother calls from downstairs.

"Joey!"I find him at his locker getting his books for first period,which is history and i should know because we both had first period together.

"Hey,your that Summer girl eveyone's been talking about!"He exclaims."Sorry about your parents..."

"It was for the best..."I avert my eyes to the ground and for a moment there was an awkward silence."Uh,see you later?"

"Yeah?"

●•●

"Get ready class because we're doing another group project!"Everybody immediately turns to their friend,"But i'm going to be picking your partners..."

"But isn't that just gonna make us...have to actually do the project?"

"Yes Freddie your corect!"

"So,Freddie you work with Olivia,Artie you work with Andi,Willow you work with Peter,Joey you work with Summer,and Jake you work with Alisha."

Afterwards everyone scrambles over to their partners-except for Willow she trudges over to Artie-and some instantly being chatting or just sit snd glare at eachother....

"Hiya...Partner..."

"Jeez,when you said see you later i didn't expect it to be this soon!"Joey jokes.

He's a joker...Oh boy...