two!

rowanblanchardrilanya reunited, had some hot chocolate, then rosie spotted flowers across the street and now we've been here for over thirty minutes

rowanblanchard
rilanya reunited, had some hot chocolate, then rosie spotted flowers across the street and now we've been here for over thirty minutes. help
[rosiemaribeth]

"Rowan, these are really pretty," Rosie gushed as she gestured to the white tulips. "I'm going to buy some."

Rowan nodded and hid her smile in her scarf as she refused to smile at Rosie until she got a proper explanation. Sure, it was petty, but Rowan gave no fucks, honestly. She looked after Rosie when the younger girl went to talk to one of the workers in French, which was a surprise to Rowan. The last time she had seen Rosie, she was barely able to introduce herself in French. Her thoughts were rudely interrupted by the buzzing of her phone against her hand in her pocket. Rowan turned her back to Rosie and the worker as she fished up the phone from her pocket and quickly read the text from Sabrina.

sabrina spellman
hey hey!!! how is your date going!!!

professor rowan
it's not a date???

it's going okay though, i guess

she hasn't told me why she ghosted me

sabrina spellman
well, idk why either so maybe it's a touchy subject?

professor rowan
???

sabrina spellman
you know when her parents were still together and she lived with both of them that her dad talked shit about the lgbt community, right?

professor rowan
what.

sabrina spellman
i'm not saying that rosie is homophobic or anything, she isn't!!!

i'm just saying that maybe her dad made her stop talking to you?

professor rowan
oh my god???

her mom isn't like that, right?

sabrina spellman
no, she isn't

anyway, if rosie is avoiding the subject, then don't push her, please?

maybe you can just move on from the why and become friends again?

professor rowan
mhm. maybe

"Hey, who are you texting?"

Rowan nearly threw her phone across the store. She looked up from the device and found Rosie in front of her, smiling and holding a bouquet of white tulips that was partly in paper.

"Sabrina, she was just sending a video of a cat. I'll watch it when I get back to the hotel," Rowan mumbled and put her phone back in the pocket. She gestured to the flowers, "Those are nice."

Rosie nodded, suddenly looking shy, "They are for you, actually."

"What?"

"Okay, so, uhm," she started awkwardly, "White tulips symbolize forgiveness, and I was wondering if you would accept my apology for being so rude by ghosting you." Rosie hid her blushing cheeks behind her hair when Rowan carefully took the bouquet, and she smiled. It was small, barely there, but Rowan smiled and nodded.

Rosie was having a gay crisis right then and there.

"Yeah, of course."

i can only write soft, cringy, awkward gays sorry