Chapter 4

Hi guys :) i just wanted to say that I have really big ideas for this book and I would love to hear your feedback on what I have :-))) thank ya

----

CHARLIE

On Thursday we left without telling anybody. I left a note for my mom on the counter, and we packed up Harry's van. We made a bed out of the back seat and I actually can't wait to sleep back there, in the presence of Harry and being able to look at the water. We have a total of $400, but we packed snacks and are probably not gonna need a lot of that money.

Our first stop was at McDonald's, 20 minutes into the drive because Harry had to pee. And we couldn't use the restroom without buying something, so we both got some fries, and Harry peed. And then we drove for an hour, my legs on Harry's lap and I laid across the seats. His hand that wasn't on the wheel was running up and down my bare legs, that I actually shaved for once.

He was humming along to The 1975 and tapping on my legs while I looked out the window at the sunset. I have no clue where we are, somewhere in Jersey. I think we're going to end up somewhere along the coast on the beach. Perfect.

"How do you want to die?" It was a random question and I guess I had never really given much thought to. One day, I'm going to die. So is he. So is the Earth. It's all gonna be over.

"Why?" I sat up so I was right next to him, but my legs were still on his lap.

"Well, you're trusting me to drive you enough that you aren't wearing a seatbelt." He smiled as I kissed his cheek.

"I love you too, Harry." He looked confused as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I never said that."

"You did indirectly. I think there's millions of ways to say you love someone. Like... telling them to look both ways while crossing the street, telling them to sleep well... and telling them to buckle their seatbelt." He laughed, watching me buckle my seatbelt and patting my leg.

"Really, though," He chewed on his lip. "How do you want to die?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Doing something great. When I'm old or if I know I'm dying soon, I want to jump off a really tall building onto a trampoline. I would die in the air but my body would be saved." I just pulled that out of my ass, actually. But it sounds nice. "Or die from too much pleasure. Did you know that's possible? You can literally die from too strong of an orgasm." We both laughed, and his laugh was such a beautiful sound. "What about you? How do you want to die?" He shrugged. "And don't you dare say in your sleep."

He smirked. "Alright, then let me think." He scratched his chin where his stubble would be if he could grow any. "I want to die laughing. Would my face be frozen in a smile? Because I want it to be."

We both laughed at the idea. I could die looking at his smile.

We stopped at a gas station and got nasty hot dogs and drinks, and gas. We drove for an hour or so before pulling off into a Target parking lot and parked close enough to reach the wifi. He plugged his laptop into the inverter and we watched Bob's Burgers on Netflix.

Around eleven, he shut the computer and I built a line of pillows between us. "No touchy," I shook my finger at him and he chuckled lowly.

"I have a boyfriend."

"Right," He whispered, turning so he was laying on his stomach with his head facing me. I did the same.

"But maybe we could..." I reached my hand across the wall of pillows and took his hand. "Friends do this."

"It doesn't feel like this when friends do it." He claimed. I shushed him, closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

-