Christmases When You Were Mine

Please take down the mistletoe

Cause I don't wanna think about that right now

I was shocked to see a mistletoe hanging at the hospital locker room's door. Seeing it reminded me of him, his touch, his smile that never fails to make my heart beat faster. It's been a week since I last saw him. It's been a week since he broke up with me. He didn't tell me why, but he just told me he wanted to separate. I was dumfounded, my feet was stuck on the ground. I hadn't done anything. Tears were streaming down my face as I watch him walk away. How I wished that he would turn around and take back everything that he had said. That he would turn around and run to hug me. But he never did. He didn't even dare to look at me at the time we once met. It's like he didn't see me. He ignored me like I was extinct, like we have never met. 

Season's greetings, hope you're well

Well I'm doing alright

If you were wondering

I've survived the week, telling myself I was fine. Everything is okay. Everyone seems to be in place except him of course. I've heard that he's in London. To spend the holidays? He's friends aren't sure either. He seemed to be enjoying himself.  "Isabel do you think my plan would succeed?" a male voice broke my train of thoughts. I looked around and saw that my feet had done a good job in bringing me in front of my locker. "Huh?" I meekly said it was Genesis my co-worker. "I placed that mistletoe so that I could find a way to kiss Pauleen. You see we haven't really had a real kiss since it was really us." He explained. I managed a weak smile. "I hope so" was my short reply, not wanting to comment further. It made me think of him. It made me think if he was struggling like I was to move on. I nodded my head and concentrated on arranging my things. I don't want him to think I'm jealous of them. I wouldn't like to offend him. He was a friend and so is Pauleen. I excused myself and walked out of the building and hailed a cab luckily I immediately caught one. He used to fetch me every afternoon. I tried to shrug the thoughts off, he's not here anymore. I shouldn't think of him. I should hate him, but what can I do he's got me wrapped up on his fingers.

I know this shouldn't be a lonely time

But there were Christmases when you were mine

I turned the knob as soon as I successfully unlocked it with my keys. I placed my things on the kitchen counter and brought out a pitcher of cold water. I took a glass and poured some water in. I held the glass and had a gulp. I stopped in my tracks as the Christmas tree caught my eye. I felt stupid; some people would feel joy when they see a Christmas tree. But all I felt was anger and sadness. He helped me put it up just like he did last year. Last year was all laughs, hugs and kisses. It's ironically different this year, it happened in the same day. After we had put up the tree, he broke my heart. Tears were now silently streaming down my face. Why? Why hadn't he told me any reason? If he told me why, then it could have been easy letting go. She tried to think of happy things, this was a happy season after all. But being happy without him would be hard to achieve. I loved him so much but sadly he didn't reciprocate the feeling. I sank through my knees as more memories of him flashed back. How I wished I could go back to time. Christmas last year was the best I had. And having him by my side was what made it the best.

I've been doing fine without you, really

Up until the nights got cold . . .