one

"why'd you bring a piece for everyone except me?" stan questions richie as we all stand impatiently outside the drugstore waiting for eddie.

"cause your being a little bitch, stan."

i reach into my back pocket and pull out a packet of gum. i always keep it on me when i head out, knowing that richie could be wanting to act petty today.

"it's okay, i got you" i tell stan as i hand the gum to him, our fingers briefly touching.

"thanks elle" only stan can call me that, everyone else calls me by my birth name elizabeth, or sometimes the occasional beth, liz, liza, or ellie. eddie swiftly walks out of the store, breathing heavily.

"i can't believe the people we share a town with."

"what's wrong eds?" richie teases him.

"the pharmacist in there is disgusting. he was telling me about my meds and started touching my shoulder, then we put his hand on the bottom of my chin and asked me if i could help him with something in the back!" eddie rightfully complains.

"ugh, that's sick! you need me to beat him up for ya?" bev asks him, somewhat playful, but in reality we all know damn well she would fight him. this guy is a repeat offender in our group, he's been weird like that around bev, bill, and i, and now we can add eddie to that disturbing list.

"it's fine bev, don't sweat it, i'll just only go with other to pick up the prescription from now on." eddie pouts.

"h-hey, it'll be okay." bill tries comforting eddie and puts him hand on his shoulder. eddie shivers at the familiar touch. "i-i'm sorry eddie, i d-didn't mean to-"

"hey, it's fine, i'm fine. i know i'll be okay. as long as i have you guys."

"aww, my heart hurts." bev says walking up to eddie and lifting him up over her shoulder. "come on, let's go to the quarry, that's where we were heading before mr. creepy pants dampened our moods."

"put me down beverly!" eddie commands as he kicks his legs.

"not til we get there."

"what about my bike?" eddie questions.

"fine, if you must be that way." beverly chuckles while sitting the boy down.