Chapter One |The Italian Cookie

"Will you pass the popcorn?" I asked my cousin, Charles, as I stared deeply into the eyes of Zac Efron.

"Only if you stop making goo-goo eyes." He replied while making a gagging motion. He threw a piece of popcorn at me before handing me the bowl. I took a huge handful and shoved it in my face hole.

"What about trust.." "What about us??" Sang Troy Bolton and Gabriella. Yes. I am 22. Yes I watch Highschool Musical. Come at me cunt.

I felt a tear in my eye as Gabriella got into the car. "You're such a nerd Mary! We all know they end up together in the end.." Charles said plainly as he saw my moist cheek.

"That doesn't make this part any less sad you cuck," I exclaimed. "Besides, later he still gets swooned by Sharpay. In both the sequels!! Troy Bolton didn't deserve Gabriella Montez.." I muttered.

     I jumped at the sound of a car pulling up in my driveway. "It's Kevin, I'd recognize that Lamborghini anywhere."  Charles muttered, and although it was subtle (or at least that what I like to pretend) he read the enthusiasm painted on my body. "Ooh why don't you give him those goo-goo eyes?  You grody, maybe he'd smash."

     "You think so?"  I said standing up.

     "I would, but you're my cousin."  He chuckled.

     I made a gagging noise, explicitly mimicking the one he gave me earlier, and did a drop for extra effect. Then I walked to the door, and swung it open revealing a disheveled Kevin Nebula (AKA my future husband) mid-knock. He played it cool...ish. He put his elbow on the door frame and leaned into it.

     "Hey Mary-" he started, but I cut him off with a firm press of my finger to his lips.

     "Shush now, just take me into your arms you sly devil. And we can smash into the sunrise."  I said smoothly, and he pressed his lips firmly to mine.

     ....Or so I wish. What really happened was Kevin went on a tangent about Calculus until Charles came up behind us, apologized for taking so long, and they both. Left. Yep they left. The only farewell I got was a pile of overdue calc. homework and a faux wavy kiss from Charles. 🙃🔫.

🍍 🐶 🍍