The Visitor - Prologue

Becky 

Becky breathed hard as she held the knife tightly in her hand. Hot tears fell down her cheeks, leaving trails in the crimson liquid staining them. She looked around her, though she was barely able to see through her blurry vision. 

Dead bodies laying on the floor. Everywhere. Just empty shells of the life that used to be held inside. 

What had she done? 

How could she let him win? 

She'd tried to stop him, she really did but he was so powerful. Now all these innocent people were dead and it was because of her. 

She dropped to her knees at the realisation and wrapped her arms around her shaky knees. She began sobbing uncontrollably; rocking backwards and forwards. Just like her life had been these past couple of months. 

A pendulum. Only, her time was running out. 

Ray 

Ray watched the girl as she lay alone in her bedroom staring at the ceiling with earphone's inserted into her ears. He knew she couldn't see him, even though he was standing right in her line of view. He stood at the foot of her bed. 

Waiting. 

For the right moment when he had the upper advantage. The moment her eyelids dropped and her thoughts faded into dreams. He'd been waiting for a while know and he didn't know how much longer he could stand it. 

She was his last chance for revenge. 

To murder those who murdered him. 

Then he could finally rest.