Chapter 13

-Braelynn-

Colby and I have been spending most of our time at the mansion with everybody.

I wasn't gonna intrude on their lives anymore, but Sam and Colby insisted I come because they wouldn't be able to talk to eachother if it wasn't for me.

Colby said he was a little mad to find out I went behind his back and set all of this up.

But he was over it almkstbinstantly because he was so thankful to have his best friend back.

Colby actually gave me a hug afterwards and told me he loved me.

And I tried to joke with him and say that he couldn't love me because he needs his heart to do that.

And he told me I was wrong. It isn't his heart, it's his soul telling me that he loves me.

I told Kat and Devyn, who was surprisingly cool with a ghost being in the house, and they both basically squealed and jumping around.

"So are you and Colby gonna date then?" Kat asked me.

"I don't even know if dating in the afterlife is a thing." I replied and Devyn rolled her eyes.

"Of course it is. You guys love eachother. Love has no boundries." She said and I laughed.

"Maybe you're right." I said quietly looking down at my hands.

"Of course I am. I've been with Corey so long, I think I know a thing or two about love." She joked with me.

"Me too." Kat said about her and Sam.

The girls and I talked a little bit more about all of this before I decided that I was gonna make myself invisible to them and go find Colby and tell him I wanna talk to him in private.

Hopefully he'll be cool with it.

I mean if he isn't I'll totally understand. He just got his friends back, plus a few more.

I'm sure he's much rather spend time with them than with me, the girl from the bridge.

He sees me all the time.

Ever since the day he first spoke to me, he's been with me practically all day everyday.

Oh well, here goes nothing.

I walked into Colby, who was surprisingly sitting alone in the spare room where Sam had kept all of Colby's stuff.

"Hey Colbs?" I said as I walked in the room.

"Hey Brae." He replied, not looking at me.

"Can I talk to you about something?" I asked and he finally looked up at me and nodded.

I sat down on the bed next to him and took his hand in mine without really think about it.

"I love you Colby." I said and he looked straight into my eyes.

"I love you too Brae. You know that." He said with a small laugh at the end.

"Yeah, but I mean in in love with you." I said and he smiled at me.

"I've been waiting for you to tell me that." He said with a smile

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"So that I could finally do this." He said.

Next thing I knew his lips were on me, and that was the first time I have felt warm in a very, very long time.

-hope you liked it. That's the end of this story. I know it's really short. But there really isn't much else for me to write. I don't wanna drag it out and make it boring. But I hope you enjoyed Afterlife!-