Chapter 2: 5-9

She had a pretty traumatic life. That's pretty much all I can say. She had a hard time through the ages of 5-9.
When she was 5 her dad took her into the doctor because he saw that Delilah was crying a lot. And wanted to take action. The doctor diagnosed her with regular depression. They went home and she seemed fine... until her mother came home. Once her mom came home Delilah starting crying, screaming, shaking, and yelling.
Her dad had no idea what was going on. He didn't bring her back in because they had just went. That night Delilah heard screaming. She walked out of her bedroom to find that her father was bruised and bleeding on the floor. Her mom was yelling at him because he took her into the doctor. But she pretended she didn't see anything.
By the age of six things got some what better. She still remembered the incident that happened when she was five. She went back to the doctor for her depression, but it was still the same. Every night around 1:00 a.m.   she heard the same noises from when she was five. In the morning she always saw her father bleeding from earlier in the morning. But one night around 7:00 p.m. her mom starting hitting her. So her dad stepped in. That made things worse. Her father was almost killed. He had to go to the hospital because he had serious head injuries, uncontrollable bleeding,  broken bones,  and almost lung and heart failure. Her depression got worse so this time her mom took her in.  Even though her mom didn't want to. Her depression became worse. So, by the age of six she was diagnosed with severe depression.
At the age seven you could say things got worse. She had to start going to therapy and taking depression pills. But the therapist didn't question her she questioned her father. Which made her depression worse. When they got home they had dinner. Then she ran up to her room like always to cry it all out. But that night was strange. She heard the normal screaming, but she heard something else. She didn't know what it was so I can't explain. I can tell you one thing that it was something you would never expect. Around 8:00a.m. she walked downstairs to get her food, but saw blood everywhere. Things were broken. And I heard no one. As soon as her father woke up she questioned him. He said that there was a robber... and he was fighting him so he didn't steal anything. Then her mom came out and told her what really happened. So, her grandma came in the middle of her mom beating her dad. She thought it was an intruder and shot. The bullets went through her arm and leg. And explained to her that she would have to go to jail for 5 years. Which Delilah was fine with.
At age 8 her mom was still in prison. Her depression became better because her mom was gone. But this is where the school beatings started happening. This is the year when she goes back to school because her parents aka her father took her out because of everything that was happening. She started seeing her friends again. But everyday since she went back to school there has been beatings. Whenever she would come to my house she would ask for foundation to cover her bruises from her father. But one time she didn't come to my house. She went straight home. I got nervous and then she didn't come to school for the next week. But the police did show up. Her depression became better but no by much because of her teacher. There was no violence in the house, but that didn't last for long.
When she was 9 she went to school still all the teachers that hit her were arrested so they didn't have to worry about that. But they had a unwanted surprise. Her mom got out early. As soon as she came back home the violence began again. Except her mom picked on Delilah not her father. So now Delilah couldn't go to school because of her bruises. She went to therapy again and she diagnosed her with severe depression. Only it got worse cause her mom. Now Delilah had to wear bandages to cover up her scars. Then her dad started taking "business trips" well that's what he called them. The teachers called and asked why they took her out of school but her mom just ignored them.