XXXIII

I like how when I last updated I was like "I AM BACK" but here I am updating after like 7293838484 years. Apologies for that but please keep one thing in mind next time I take some time to update: do not ask me to update. Just don't.

ANYWAYS this is sorta a filler chapter, basically like a transition chapter idk but it's hella long !!!

Also just keep in mind that Reina is like 2 months pregnant and hormonal cuz of that, just in case you think she's being too much or whatever.

Hope you enjoy and please excuse the errors and look out for hints 👀 xx

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

"I want to thank you again for doing this."

   "No need to, Harry," Reyes told him, as they walked alongside each other to the dungeons.

  Reyes' dark eyes flickered to Harry who walked beside him with his gaze averted. They were heading down to the dungeons where the Messian who murdered the King was currently held captive. Reyes was going to help with translations, as Harry wanted to try and get as much information out of the man as possible before executing him.

He had a feeling that his father was killed specifically so that Harry could become King, and he wanted to know if they planned on killing anyone else in the royal family and if so, then who. But he wasn't sure he'd get that much information out of the man, but he was certainly going to try.

   "Shouldn't Reina be here?" Reyes questioned after a few moments of silence. "For the questioning."

   "Why would she be here?" Harry frowned at him.

   "She's the Queen now. I know she'd want to be involved in this matter and help as much as she can," Reyes shrugged lightly, making Harry turn his gaze back to the front.

   "She shouldn't concern herself with this matter. It will stress her and she doesn't need that," Harry dismissed what Reyes said. "Plus, as much as I value her advice: I don't need it. My advisors are there for that."

  Reyes didn't say anything, but frowned lightly at Harry's words. He remembered one of Reina's weekly letters mentioning how Harry had slowly started to trust in her advice, and invite her to council meetings. But hearing Harry's words now made Reyes wonder what changed his mind about not letting his wife help. Nonetheless, he pushed his thoughts away, knowing that it wasn't any of his business to prod Harry about this. He just hoped it wouldn't pose a problem between Harry and Reina in the future.

    "Anyways, when will you be travelling back to Vardomos?" Harry asked Reyes, making him purse his lips.

   "As soon as I can I suppose. I can't leave my kingdom unattended at such grave times," Reyes informed him.