Chapter 1

"How are you?"

"Comment ce va?"

"Well, and you?"

"Bien, et vous?"

"Please and Thank you"

"Sil vous plait. Merci"

"Great job, Jade. We'll work on some complete sentences this weekend. Can you say that in French too?"

" Great job, Jade. Nous travaillons sur des phrases complètes ce week-end."

I watched as Mrs. Paik left. Since we recently had to move to France because of my mother's job, my parents decided to hire me a French teacher who was also my babysitter now. I was nineteen and my parents still treated me like a child. I was gonna go to school in August and I only had a limited amount of time to learn a new language, all the customs of France, and try to learn how to drive because I don't want Mrs. Paik driving me to school and everybody calling her my mother.

"Jade, how did the lessons go?" My mum asked walking into the dining area where I was at.

"It went well actually. But, why can't I just use English?" I asked closing my French textbook.

"Because sweetie, English is a really hard language for the French people to understand. You're better off just speaking the same way they do. At least you know Philippe speaks English."

Philippe was my boyfriend that came with us to France and got an apartment. He's from Mexico and we met whenever I lived in Texas. I'm from London, originally, but I move around a lot because my parents have many jobs. The last time, we moved to Texas for about six months and Philippe came to my school as a foreign exchange student and to say the least, we instantly fell in love with each other.

I got up from my space at the table and went up to my room. Walking to my closet, I pulled out my pink purse and some high waisted shorts with one of my favorite crop tops and put them on. I always liked going and walking outside where all the shops were. I liked shopping a lot and never stopped doing it.

Once I was out of the house, I started walking along the sidewalk and looked at all the people walking past. Where I lived, was right in the middle of downtown and I could see everything. The first thing I did was walk to the small cafe place on the corner and sat down at a table pulling out my phone. I saw this girl with half of her head shaved and half of it had long flowing hair. She had bright pink makeup on to match her pink and black outfit. She looked for an empty table, but came over to mine instead with a small smile on her face.

" Excusez-moi, mais est ce siège prise?"she asked smiling softly, but I had no clue what she said.

" Excusez-moi?" I asked meaning excuse me.

"I said, is this seat taken?" she asked with a giggle in her tone. I blushed a bit and shook my head watching her sit down.

"What's your name?" I asked looking at her big hazel eyes.

"Mon nom est Eliciaa, my name is Eliciaa," she spoke cupping the side of her face with her hand, her elbow on the glass table.

"I'm Jade, sorry I'm just learning French," I said with a squeak in my voice.

She giggled," It's alright, babe. What do you say, to your new arrival, that we go on a little shopping trip?" she asked grabbing one of my hands that was lying on the table.

"I'd love to, Eliciaa. But, I can't. I told my boyfriend I'd meet him here and I really don't want to upset him," I told her pulling my hand away from her grasp.

"Please, belle. It'll be really quick, and if we don't come back in time, I'll take the blame. It's all my fault," she said wrapping her arm around my waist.