Chapter Fifteen (Part Two)

***I'm not sure if this is how you wanted it to turn out but I'm trying*** :|

Greengrass- Gilbert's POV

Sneaking into the Greengrass family's alcohol is better said and done. The three of us could do anything together. That's why I love my mischievous little trio.

"We have... vodka and wine," Francis says, and places two heavy bottles onto the floor. "Whiskey... beer... Let's choose wisely. I say wine."

"Wine's too fancy," I groan. "How about whiskey. It's spicy."

Antonio shrugs. "We need to hurry. Just take a few sips, not get drunk," Antonio looks at me dead in the eye, yet still with his trademark smile, "and pretend none of this ever happened."

"Do you think the Greengrasses will notice?" Francis inquires, and I shake my head.

"Nah," I say with a toothy grin. "They have an excess of drinks to drown their sorrows. I don't think they'll notice that a few sips have been lost."

"I think we're running a risk here. Anyway, if they do discover what we've done, what can they do? It's not like they'll just show up at our doorsteps, demand that we tell them the truth, and they'll shove their wands up our butts," Antonio giggles. "But, seriously. Let's go ahead."

Francis took a tiny sip of the wine (which had strangely already been opened), and then sealed the bottle tightly with its cork, and placed it back onto the shelf. His cheeks turned crimson. "I like the flavor."

Eager for the booze, I grasp onto the whiskey bottle and take a little bit more than a tiny sip. It burned my throat badly, but I felt great as I gulped down the liquid. Defiance. It tasted great. I burp shortly after, and then I cough and laugh. The spicy taste still frolics in my mouth, which isn't the best.

Antonio remained indecisive for a moment, and then just grabbed onto the champagne, an option Francis didn't show-

"Oh my goodness, brother," Ludwig frowned, snapping me out of my fantasy. It was a shame Antonio and Francis weren't invited. It made me angry. The three of us were inseparable. "You need to stop sulking off in the corner."

Soon enough, all I heard from him was 'blah blah blah friendship blah blah blah independence' rubbish. I nodded to pretend as if I'd listened to his rant. "How about you go hang out with Karolina? She's a young girl... she's very pretty..."

"I'd rather be with Mattie, but guess what? He's not here," I groan.

"So, I'm young and pretty," a voice behind Ludwig says, letting off an air of despair and sarcasm. Great, Karolina, I thought to myself. Karolina, dressed in dark blue and silver, looks depressed as she stands aside Ludwig.

"Oh, hello Karolina!" Ludwig said nervously. "I thought you would be with Roderich..."

"Roderich and I aren't on the best of terms," Karolina says, her hair slightly bouncing as she pulls her hands behind her back. Just one of her many noblewoman gesticulations. I feel like I'm exaggerating her as a person. That's my job, I guess.

"How about we-" Ludwig begins, and I interrupt.

"Go to their booze cabinet? Ah? AH??" Ludwig and Karolina don't join in.

"Oh, go stuff a stocking," she says, and leaves.

Vasile- Vlad's POV

The color scheme of my family ball was predominantly balanced between red, crimson, and black. Due to spells cast upon the house, nearly everything was red or one of its many shades. Almost like a black light, but red? It's hard to explain.