6. Back to school

The first day I arrived back at school everyone looked at me weird. I asked Jack If he knew something about it and he said it's probably because of my face. I slugged him, and he laughed. Did you know that he has the CUTEST laugh ever? The second day everyone came up to me and questioned about how I was doing. Again, I asked Jack what the heck is happening.

 "I dunno it's not like you almost got shot but your best friend took the bullet for you." And again, I slugged him in the arm.

 He mumbled something about leaving a bruise. My bad... ever since then everyone has been super nice, but it always goes back to Mike. I don't know why they ask me that. They should be talking to his girlfriend instead of me! When I got to school Elle was waiting for me. I waved over to her and she practically tackled me and screamed

 "I AM THE WORST FRIEND EVER AND I DON'T DESVERE YOU!" 

"Are you sure your head is screwed on right?" I replied really softly because I was partially deaf in one ear. 

 "I am so sorry."

 "What for?"

 "I left you to tend him by yourself."

 I was obvious she could see the confused look on my face.

 "I was so worried that I didn't even think that you were taking care of Mike when I was supposed to be there."

 "Oh, is no big deal. He mostly slept."

 She slugged me in the arm then wiped away a tear.

 "He's gonna be fine. He woke up and I bet within 3 weeks he'll be making a mess again." I said trying to reassure her.

 "Yeah, thanks."

 We had first period together, so we always walked to it with each other. We laughed and poked fun at each other. When we got in the classroom everyone stared at us. Being me I just made a weird face and said what. Elle bumped me, and I started mumbling about how Jack calls me mean. The teacher looked right up at us and gasped. I started wiping my face for anything, but I found nothing. Then I looked over at Elle and she was white as a ghost. What am I missing? I followed her gaze and saw I news report. It was about the four men who started the shooting. One of them had escaped. I grabbed Elle's arm and she grabbed mine. Everything went fuzzy for a second, but I stayed conscious. I stood there for what felt like forever. I tried to move but my legs were stuck. I almost died because of them. My friend is in the Hospital because of them. My life will never be the same, all because of them. My leg shot pain all throughout my body. I fell to my knees and I heard people shouting. I didn't know what they were saying though I didn't care. He was going back behind bars no matter what.