our golden love (chapter 7)

Derek's POV

Hi I'm Derek and here's the thing... a girl likes me and I like her back, but she doesn't know... Yet. Her name's Ava and I may or may not have gotten myself in a very tricky love triangle.
I met this girl named Chloe and I fancy her a little so,  I started dating her. Let me explain why 'cos I don't want my head to get chopped off.

I'm not really a shy guy, but seeing Ava makes me an entirely different person. She's so pretty, cute,  smart and just adorable. I don't want to sound stalker-ish but I stare at her every chance I get and every time I try to talk to her, I just can't get the words out of my mouth . She's just so beautiful and she doesn't even try. Literally. She can choose to wear sweatpants and a tank top to school and she still pulls it off.

Ava's in a different social class, so talking to her, to other people would seem a bit out place but I love her too much to let that get to me.

Word is out. Chloe and I are a couple. The other day, Chance said he overheard Lindsey and Ava's conversation and from what he heard,  Ava's not doing so good. I feel so bad and disappointed as to how I can't just talk to her but I will... Trust me.

Chloe's a bit of a handful and a part of me is regretting dating her. The plan is  to play along for a while then BOOM I break up with her, talk to Ava and then we start dating. I just hope I don't fuck things up, again.

I know it may sound a bit harsh but I regret ever taking to Chloe let alone dating her. I've slapped my self in my head so many times because of this.