Chapter Twenty-six

©P.B. Panes|26

“Sam.” Jack called nervously and stopped on his track when Ramon has his gun directed at him. His partner on the other hand checks his body for any weapon. His eyes were on me. His eyes were filled with longing and sadness. And hope. And terrified.

Seeing him now brings back the memories. All the good things and the happy moments yet I feel nothing. I feel nothing but hatred.

He looked like hell. His face is clearly unshaven for many days. There were dark circles under his eyes and his body seems have lost its weight. He looked rather… sleepless.

“What are you doing here?”

“I want us to talk, baby.” He asked using his endearment he gave but I felt bitterness hearing it from him. That endearment doesn’t makes me feel anything except if it comes from Alexander.

“We don’t have anything to talk Jack.” I said in gritted teeth. “The day you cheated on me, is the day you totally cut our relationship.”

“You heard the woman.” Ramon said, “And its better you walk away before my boss finds you here.” He added in warning.

“I fucked everything Samantha. I know, I know but I know you still have feelings for me.” He pleaded, ignoring Ramon. But I shook my head in response. Alexander would not like this. Given his possessive instincts, I know what will happen to Jack if he doesn’t leave now and thinking about it makes my stomach twist in knot.

“Please forgive me-“ He utters but cut loose when Ramon shoved his pistol in front of his temple.

“Leave.” He rasped dangerously and seeing his gun made me nervous also especially in front of my bakery. “Or you want to get shot buddy.” He added when Jack didn’t move a second. My body shuddered and when I glanced back to Jack, I know he’s scared too. Shitless.

“Ramon.” I said clasping his forearm. I may hate him but I don’t want Ramon to harm him especially in front of my bakery.

“Please leave Jack.” I said while turning my eyes on him.

“I don’t know you have a body guard.” He said looking at Alexander’s men. “Are you seeing someone?”  

“That is none of your business.” I said dismissively.

“I heard you do.” He said with pain in his eyes before he sneers, “and you are stupid enough to get yourself involve with that man. Are you whoring yourself now because you can’t pay for your mother’s house?”

My eyes widen in surprise. Stunned at his choice of words making me see red at the moment. I may not know anything about Alexander but he’s the best that happened into my life. “You don’t get to decide what I want because we were not together in the first place! You don’t know anything.” I may have used my body but that doesn’t mean he can judge me quickly.

He laughs, “You are so naïve. I bet he fucks you with his filthy hands and feed you with lie-.” His voice was muffled in pain after Ramon punched him on his gut making me yelp and falter at the moment.  

My feet darted on his own to tend Jack but my body was clasped tightly before it can act. “Don’t you dare touch him.” I shiver when his word caught in my ear.