It Started With A Dare

I

t was all a dare. This was all a freaking dare. I felt so frustrated, cheated on, foolish and naive. Three months wasted with a jerk who dated me for a dare. I thought as hot tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Jay". I heard Jordan call. I got angrier by the minute and walked faster then, broke into a run. I ran till my chest ached. I found a bench and sat down. With my head in my palm, I began to cry , really angry at him for betting on me, really angry at myself for falling in love with him.

"Jasmine". He followed me. I looked up and glared at him.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" I yelled at him.

"I was going to tell you but,..."

"But what, Jordan?" I cut him off. "You know what? Just leave me alone". I turned away wanting to run off again but, he caught my wrist stopping me from running.

I turned and snatched my hand from his grip and glared at him.

"Please just let me explain." He said.

"There's nothing to explain!" With that I ran off again but, to my car.

I got in and drove.

Earlier that day, Jordan and I went to a party. We were just talking and dancing.

"You're never gonna tell her are you?" I heard Camille tell Jordan.

"Tell me what?" I questioned.

"It's not in your place to tell her." He gritted his teeth when he said this.

"Why don't you tell her?" She said.

He gave her a look telling her to keep shut.

"I'm really one to beat around the bush." She said, putting her hand on her hip while, twirling her black hair with one finger.

"Tell me what exactly." I turned to look at Jordan.

"I wanted to tell you this."

I heard Camille sigh. "Just tell her already"

Jordan looked reluctant to speak.

"Did you know your relationship was all faux?" Camille said, drawing my attention back to her.

What did she mean by that?

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"What I'm saying is that your relationship is so fake. Jordan over here only dated you because he was dared to." She explained.

I turned to Jordan teary-eyed. "Is this true?" I asked him.

His Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he nervously swallowed. He cast his gaze down shamefully. "Yes." He whispered.

The scene played like a movie on repeat. Over and over again.

I was driving so fast. My vision covered with a curtain of tears.

It all happened so fast. Before I knew it, a car hit mine. Then, I was spinning and spinning. My head hit the steering wheel and everything went black.

Jordan's POV

I am so mad at myself for this right now. If not for my stupidity, she wouldn't be in this situation.

I pulled my hair out in frustration. I didn't want to hurt her. "And you think you suceeded?" My subconscious told me. Of course it was right.

My phone began to ring. I looked at the ID. It was Samantha, Jasmine's best friend. I picked it up.