Chapter 1

I walked into the lobby of the dorm hall, not expecting the amout of people at the check in desk. I sighed and got in line with my papers. My heavy bags dragged behind me, one of them lacking in wheels.

        It was my first year at New York University, and man was it crowded. I brushed my blonde hair out of my face and gave my nicest smile to the man at the front desk. "How may I help you?" I cleared my throat and handed him my papers. He had these gorgeous green eyes and a smile that could kill. "Ellie, uh, Elliot. Fisher," I spoke quietly. The man behind the desk wore a tag that said 'Ian' and had curly brown hair. Ian was wearing an NYU shirt, so I assumed he was a student, definitely an upperclassman, He looked about 6 foot, handsome..."Elliot, honey, did you get your keys?" I was pulled out of my daydream by my mother. She was wearing a light red knee-length skirt, with a matching blazer, dark black pumps and holding a couple boxes of my personal things. I gritted my teeth, "Yes, mother, that's why I'm standing in line waiting for the nice man to give me my keys," she bit her lip and rolled her eyes at me. Ian laughed at held his hand out, holding my keys. "Room 47, floor number 4. You know who your room mate is?" I took the keys and nodded my head. Ian smiled an award winning smile and went on to the next student. Man was he cute...

        I walked with my mom to my room and opened the door. I was in the coed dorms, so my floor had boys as well as girls and that made me slightly nervous. I never had problems with the opposite sex, I had my fair share of relationships in high school. I had broken my last one off because he was going to Washington for college, and now I'm on the hunt for a cuddle buddy. Ian seemed quite worthy of a cuddle in my opinion. 

        "Ok sweety do you have everything?" My room was empty, except for the 2 small beds on each wall. It looked like my room mate hadn't moved in yet. Her name was Bobbi, and she was a freshman too. I had never met her and I was praying she wasn't obsessed with boy bands or something. My mom only had to take a couple steps across the broom closet aka dorm room to give me a big bear hug after setting my boxes down on my bed. She pulled away and looked into my eyes, holding my shoulders,"Did you talk to your dad?" I laughed. "Yes, Mom. He's coming up next week. It's not like he doesn't speak to me, he just flies planes a lot. They don't really have signal up there, in the big bad sky," My mom rolled her eyes.

        "Alright so you promise you double checked on everything?" She said while leaning on the door frame. "Yes yes yes yes I. Will. Be. Fine. Okay? You can go now I promise I'll be totally okay. Chill," I laughed and started pulling my sheets onto my bed. "Don't tell me to 'chill'," she said, using air quotes on the word chill. "My last baby is leaving my nest, I'm a sad momma bird. I love you Elliot, and be safe and don't do drugs and use protection and-" I cut her off and hugged her. "Momma Bird, your baby birdie can fend for herself. I love you and have a safe drive," I tightly hugged her and she squeezed me back. "Okay okay I'll go now. I love you too Ellie," I smiled and lightly closed the door behind her.

         I finished making my bed and wiped my hands on my jeans. I was wearing a royal blue cardigan over a white tank top with jeans and Sperries. My blonde hair was annoying me so I threw it into a long side braid that ended mid ribcage. I put my bags and boxes onto the bed and sat next to them. I leaned my head onto the cinderblock wall and sighed when my door flew open. I held my chest and stopped myself from screaming out of surprise. A petite girl with short black hair and bright red lipstick stumbled in. She kind of reminded me of one of those 20s pin up girls, even her mid thigh black dress went with the theme too.

        I cleared my throat and she looked at me and her face lit up. "Hey! I'm Bobbi but I go by Bo. You must be Elliot?" Bobbi set down her bags and walked over to shake my hand. I shook her hand and smiled, "I prefer Ellie," She flashed me an unnaturally white smile. "Oh that's cute." Bo had a thick New Yorker accent, the ones where they don't really open their mouth all the way when they talk. I noticed her strugging with a few of her bags as she moved them from the door to her small side of the room so I strutted over to assist her when I noticed them. 

        There were 3 boys in the dorm across the hallway with the door swung wide open. Each of them were very, very attractive. I quickly turned around before any of them noticed me and sped over to Bo, who was swiping through her phone on her bed. "Bo, are you straight?" She flicked her head up at me and laughed. "Straught as the pole your Momma dances on," She winked and I chuckled. "Okay, well there are 3 very cute boys in the dorm across the hall and 2 out of those 3 must live there." She laughed. 'Damn, girl. Haven't been here for a day and you're already hunting down this shit hole for some lovin like a lion! I, though, have a lovely honey back home" I swept my bangs out of my eyes and huffed as I walkd back to the door.

        Ok, introduce yourself. It's now or never, I thought. I didn't realize I was staring at the group through their open door when one of them, with bright green hair, yelled, "Ay, you trying to use the force on me or something?" I felt myself blush and put my hands in my pockets. 'Oh, no I, uh, I was just, uh, thinking," A cute blonde guy stood up from the chair he was sitting on and sauntered his way to my door. "What's your name, cutie?" I tried my best to flash him a flirty smile and told him my name. "Ellie, and you? Or should I just call you blondie?" Now that he was closer I noticed a lip ring on his bottom lip that he kept pulling between his teeth. "I'm Luke." He was wearing a sleevelss gray shirt and black skinny jeans. I looked behind him at the green boy and the other one. The other one was older, probably an upperclassmen, wearing a ripped up t-shirt and a bandana. "And your friends?" Luke turned his head to the small room and laughed.

        "What's so funny?" I crossed my arms and followed him as he walked to the room opposite mine. "That's Mike," He pointed to green hair. "And Ashton," I held my hand out to each, and when I held it out for a handshake to Ashton, he took my hand and pressed it to his lips. My face got hot and I heard Bo whistle from across the hall. I flicked her off and she laughed and continued to pull books out of a box on her bed. Ashton had a thick accent from somewhere like New Zealand or something and it was very hot. "So, where y'all from?" Mike fell onto the bed laughing and I scrunched my eyerbows in confusion. "Down in Texas, where y'all drink suweet tea!" He said in an awful southern accent. I rolled my eyes and walked back to my room. Right as I was closing my door, I heard Ashton yell "Australia!".