Jesse's Girl

Chloe Beale knew the exact time Beca Mitchell showered every day. Every day. She wasn't a stalker, it was more of a accident the first time around. But man, if first impressions weren't important...

    She entered the women's shower room in Baker Hall, carefully scoping the bland ivory walls and peeking under shower curtains at the 90's-esque floors. Tuesdays at 2 o'clock was when most students schedule their classes. But to Chloe's advantage, Beca had not. The tall woman took the third shower to the right. The fourth one was was reserved for the mysterious tattooed woman she had her eyes set on since she heard her sing three weeks ago. Five feet away and only a thin sheet of pearly plastic between her and that voice that made Chloe's heart do cartwheels in her ribcage.

    Chloe, being the buoyant woman she was, had a nick for experimentation. Well, she had to if getting in veterinary school was on the horizon. However, these instances didn't equal just scientific reasoning. Discussing sexuality wasn't a taboo at this day and age. But for Chloe, her bisexuaityl wasn't really something she was an open book about.

    Shutting the curtain closed behind her, Chloe set her little bucket of shower stuff down on the slippery floor beneath. Caddies weren't normally accessorized with the older woman's bathroom attire, mostly because her bathroom wasn't in this dorm hall. She lived a couple of blocks down at the Barden Bella household, but she had showered here before for one of her "spring flings". Meaning, the man she was with lasted a couple of days. She had only dated three guys in her lifetime, and each time she felt absolutely nothing.

Disrobing herself, Chloe craned the faucet to the hottest setting so that the whole shower room would steam up, making the air a little more comfortable. As if there was more stuff covering her and Beca up, leaving room only for them to bond. Today was the day.

The water soaked her velvety red hair and she massaged her scalp. Should be any time now. She knew exactly how this whole shower scene would play out. The plan was all organized in her head. Today was the day she was going to wow Beca Mitchell.

Humid condensation surrounded her as the squeak of a door sounded from down the hall. There was shuffling from shower shoes, but no tune. Not even a hum could be heard. Chloe folded herself over only to find a floor empty. A squeak and roar of a faucet caused her to snap upright. Her mind tossed and turned. If it wasn't Beca, who the hell was showering at this time of day?

Saying her heart was shattered was a bit of an overstatement, but Chloe felt as if all hope was lost. And then, that's when she just decided to sing,

Jessie is a friend, yeah

I know he's been a good friend of mine

But lately something's changed that ain't hard to define

Jessie's got himself a girl and I want to make her mine

Funny, her song of choice, because Beca Mitchell actually was Jesse's girl. The only reason Chloe knew, she had told her best friend, Aubrey, about her little shower crush.

Aubrey, the beach-blonde acapella singer, was a hard-headed, military-raised woman and  guarded Chloe with her life. Once Chloe had mentioned that she really could get with guys and girls, Aubrey was intrigued. She's the only one who was aware of Chloe's sexuality, so naturally the redhead went to her with the situation a few weeks back when it first happened.

"Baker Hall? Which floor?" Aubrey questioned.

Chloe was taken back by her friend's interest, "Uh, well Jordan lived on the fifth floor but all of those showers were full, so we went downstairs."

"So you and Jordan showered on the fourth floor?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah?" Chloe furrowed her eyebrows, "Bree, how do you know all of this?"