Chapter 1

The sun shone in from the clear glass onto the mahagony shelves. Megan's eyes flipped open. Her feet landing into her smooth satin slippers and she got changed for school. Let me go and check on Phoebe first. She might want sushi for lunch today. Megan stepped into the fantasy of a pink and girly room, ready to wake the little slumber princess up. Everything in Phoebe's room was either pink or princess-y. Pink dominated the wallpaper, a pink glittery bed stood by next to a shelf of porcelain princess dolls- all staring at Megan with wide eyes. 

Megan walked over to Phoebe's sleeping body, and shook her by the shoulder. Megan wanted to wake up Phoebe in a sweet and cooing voice, but she can't. She just can't. 

'Go away.' The two words stabbed Megan's heart. Megan loved her sister dearly, though Phoebe just didn't seem to be able to get the message. Phoebe was everything to her. Everything. Why did Phoebe not understand?

Breakfast sat on the table, and Phoebe stomped downstairs in her hello kitty t-shirt and jeans. Her face scrunched together and her brows were close enough to squash a mosquito.

'Where's my breakfast, freak? I want pancakes today. RIGHT NOW.' Phoebe stabbed a finger into Megan's face.

After the accident occured, Megan's family broke apart. On that night, the whole family went out for dinner. A quarrel came by about whether to eat McDonald's for Phoebe, or seafood for Megan. That's when it happened. Everything came in a blur very quickly. The car flipped and turned like a tumbleweed; except it wasn't in the dessert- it was on the busy streets of Saturday night. Car honked and turned to avoid the tumbling car. A jab hit Megan's stomach.

After that, Megan's dad had to lay in the hospital bed for the rest of his life, unable to express a thing. Her mom used to be a housewife, so without any experience whatsoever, she had to start working in a clothing factory, hearing the clicks clicks of sewing machines. Sometimes, she'd even come home really late in the night and out early in the morning. As if to have no parental support, Megan was to take care of her sister from then on.

Though Megan just couldn't talk after the accident anymore. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her vocalcord; she just doesn't talk anymore.

Of course, all of Megan's schoolmates and friends abadoned her from then one, and everyone in school called her a freak. That's why Phoebe doesn't like her anymore. Whenever Phoebe stands-up for her sister, people laugh at Phoebe as well, so she gave up defending as well; and she started to hate her.

Phoebe stuffed the last bit of her pancakes into her mouth and swung her bag onto her shoulder. Alright, Megan though, Time for school. Time for hell.