Chapter One: Where It All Began

It was just a typical day here in Nevada, hot as hell one day and raining like a waterfall the next. It was a Monday sadly, but it smelled of rain outside. I have had insomnia for the past 2 years and it really didn't help. I'd fall asleep at 4 or 5 AM and have to wake up at 6:30 AM. For school obviously. Well it was a rainy Monday morning and i really did not feel like getting up. I was so exhausted that I didn't even bother turning my alarm off, but of course I live with a mom who hates the sound of everything. I can already hear her heavy footsteps coming down the hallway. She bangs on the door and demands me to get up. So of course I get up knowing that I don't want to be on her bad side. I've been there too many times. I get up and turn my alarm off then go to the bathroom. I took a quick hot shower and then went to find an outfit. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and my Falling In Reverse pullover. I pulled out my straightener and straightened my hair. My reflection in the mirror is so strange to me. I was so happy as a child and now look at me. Well anyways, I pulled out my black converse and tied the shoe laces. My breakfast is already waiting for me, even though it's not even close to breakfast. Burnt toast with burnt eggs and just burnt everything. My mom was never the type of person to cook.

"Eat your damn food." Demanded my mom. I had no other choice, if I didn't she would for sure give me an ass whooping. Even for the littlest mistake I made I always got punished. So I, of course, obeyed her. I gagged which caused her mind to explode. She grabbed my hair and pulled me to the ground. She then threw me against the stove and took out the belt. She began to hit me anywhere possible. I cried in pain knowing she wouldnt stop. She grabbed a handful of hair again and began banging my head against the wall, and then shoved me to the ground again. She was laughing at the sound of my cries which made her even more abusive. She kicked me and kicked me until I had no hope left. I felt like I was really going to die now. 

There was a bang at the door and then it swung open. It was my father. He looked over and rage filled his eyes.

"What the hell did you do to my daughter.?!" He ran to me as I reached for him, barely lifting my arms. He hugged me and cried with me. *click*  We both turned in the direction of the sound. My mother had a gun. Pointed right at my father's head. I started to cry and so did my father.

"Step away from her or I'll shoot her right in the skull." She demanded. He was so scared of losing me that instead of moving away from me, he shielded my body with his. He cried and cried saying he was so sorry and that he loved me so much. He kissed my cheek and began to sob loudly. There was so much pain in his cries and eyes that even my heartless mother began to cry. He was then thrown to the side, and just as I turned over I looked into his eyes. Full of sorrow and yearn. I got up and crawled to him but I was too late. There was a loud bang and my father lay lifeless. I could not believe what I was seeing. There was blood seeping from his head, I couldn't even cry. Still in pain, I crawled towards him.

"Are you happy now.?! Are you happy now mom.?! What kind of a person are you.!!!! I hope you burn in hell you stupid bitch.!!" Just as I started bawling over my father's dead body, I was dragged once again by my hair. I was dragged into our basement where I was brutally beaten to the point where I could barely breath. I was punched across the face, hit on the ribs with a crow bar, and worst of all, tortured slowly. She would make sure I learned my lesson by causing me pain, slowly, then all at once. I then heard the faint sound of a police siren. Then a bang at the door. My mother was so distracted with beating me to my death that she didn't even realize that the police had entered. I cried as loud as I could which caused me to get another blow to the ribs. The door to the basement then busted open and my mom was tackled and cuffed. I was rushed to the hospital and treated immediately. After I was layed on a bed, everything was a blur. The last thing I saw was my  father's dead body and the gray raining sky.