30 Day OTP Challenge Day 1: Holding Hands// Lotura

Ship: Lotura (Lotor X Allura)
Fandom: Voltron :)

Princess Allura often watched the stars outside of the castle's window when she needed to cope with things, or when she missed her father, or when things were troubling her.

But she enjoyed gazing at the stars, because they were beautiful.

She sighed, slouching a little bit, her glance moving from one star to another, noticing something new each time, like a color or a glow.

"Don't you think you should be getting some rest, princess?" A voice interrupts her stargazing, as she turns around and is greeted by prince Lotor, their newest member of the 'crew'.

Lotor walks up to her, finally taking in the view, seeing the bright stars and some planets along the way. He stops next to her, the distance between them almost comforting in a way.

"Speak for yourself," She spoke, as if every work she breathed out hurt her, furthermore leading to more silence.

"What's been troubling you, Princess?"

"Nothing, what makes you think that?" Allura said, not very convincingly.

The prince smiles to himself, before speaking again. "It's incredibly rude to lie, Allura."

And there's a small bit of silence before they both break out into a soft laughter as it dies again, following another silence.

"It's a lot of things, actually." The princess speaks, "I attempt to clear my mind here."

"To clear your mind, or distract yourself?" He said,
Stepping closer to her. "You don't have to pretend to be okay for the sake of others,"

"It's a bit stressful for me," Allura states, her voice wavering. "With Keith now affiliated with the Blade of Marmora, and Shiro not acting totally 'himself', and having to keep up with gaining back the universe and getting out of it in one piece, and if seems as if everyone is looking at either Shiro or Myself as leaders it's-"

And she sniffles, letting out a broken sob, before using the back of her hand to wipe away the tears.  And how she felt absolutely pathetic to be crying in front of he Prince, but to quiznak with pride.  "It's... Difficult to always keep my composure, and I can barley keep up with everything that's going on-"

Before she could say anything, Lotor grabs her hand, and slips it into his, something intimate, but also innocent in its phrase at the same time.

"Allura, everything is going to be okay."

Their fingers interlock, as she nods, more tears running down her cheeks as she wiped them away with her free hand.

He takes the opportunity to lift their connected hands together to kiss the back of hers gently, watching her blush and feeling himself blush too.

"Now, we may converse about this later, you need rest."  Lotor says, before turning the both of them around, "Shall I walk you to your sleeping quarters?"

I smile appears on her cheeks before he was here.  "Gladly."

A/n: Welcome to my 30DOTPC! So I wanted to do different ships so some days will have different ships and others won't. (It'll base mainly around Garmau) but I threw in some anime and Voltron ones too! Enjoy!
Love you all!
-Kyree