Day 1

4/3/2012

The first day was just driving. Btw I am on my way to Savannah, Georgia. My moms high school friend lives down there and we visit every summer or so.

We didn't really do anything today, except, drive.

We left the house VERY late at 5:30pm. This is due to the fact that my dad was tiling the bathroom and he had to finish. Anyway, The gps said we would arrive at 10:55. I know that will change because we will stop some.

The first stop was at a RaceTrac. Boring I know. We got gas. Yay.

I was starving but my dad said we had to pass Atlanta before we could stop again.

When we hit Atlanta, there was a big storm. Rain, thunder, and lightning!

That went on for about 10 minutes until we passed the storm.

We stopped at a Chick-Fil-A near Macon. I ordered a Spicy Chicken Sandwich and a coke. Can't get much better than that! My family and I sat down and ate. We ate with much hurry to get back on the road!

When we finished, we hopped in the car and the gps' ETA was now set at 11:30pm. Still didn't think we'd make it that early.

After a few hours we stopped for a bathroom break at a McDonalds.

I ordered a Frappè Chocolate Chip! Best thing ever! Thanks to Morgan for the suggestion! ;)

We then hit Highway 17! 165 miles until the next turn! Oh my god.

Heat lightning was everywhere. I got some video footage of it. Then it started poring rain and stormed again for another 10 minutes. I got good video footage of that. I'll upload it here later.

After a long ride, we finally arrived. When we got to Connie's, it was 11:59. Not TOO bad.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post!