prologue

shawn

Taylor, Jacob, and I were at the bonfire because it was our last day of summer break.

Somehow we got onto the topic of talking about girls here, passing by. I wasn't uncomfortable with the subject they were my best friends and it was a typical topic you'd find us talking about.

There were people here from school obviously drinking-it was a high school party after all-but I decided to remain sober.

Taylor though, he wasn't drunk just a bit tipsy, same with Jacob. They were both fine considering the fact they can handle alcohol.

Taylor's head followed a girl passing by. Jacob and I both looked to see who he was looking at because his face showed some what satisfaction.

"That girl," he started once she was gone, "had booty." He pointed towards the way she walked.

"Agreed." Jacob and I said in unison.

"On a scale of one to ten. What's she?" Jacob pointed to a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was pretty attractive. She was wearing a skirt and crop top with her hair down.

"I'd say seven." I admitted smirking.

"She's a six!" Taylor said changing his tone deeper on each word while making a face.

"How about her?" Jacob pointed to a tall brunette who was smiling and if I must say it was a killer smile. Too bad she was smiling at some jock talking to her.

"Eight." I spoke, "I need the heart eye emoji guys!" I told them while smiling.

"I agree. That girl is so fine." Taylor admired while staring at her with his mouth open on purpose.

Jacob laughed, "Plot twist! How about her?" He smiled at us deviously while bopping his head towards a brunette girl sitting on a rock, reading a book.

She looked nerdy. She had a blue baggy t-shirt and gray sweatpants but not the kind that hug her legs. She wore big, black thick glasses and had her hair in a, really, messy bun. There were two girls sitting sorta close to her having a conversation but she was out of the loop-or so it looked.

"Ha-ha Jacob." Taylor said bluntly, "I'd say three."

"Yikes! But I agree." Jacob laughed again.

Being nice I said, "I think she's a five."

"Ew what?!" Taylor exclaimed.

"I said five." I repeated triumphantly.

"Dude we rated that blonde chick a six. She didn't even come close to the blonde chick!" He explained a little loudly but not too loud.

"So? I'm feeling nice. Okay?" I retorted.

"Pfft 'nice'." Taylor tilted his head back laughing.

"That's hard to believe?" I asked.

"Yeah it is."

I rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot."

"You can't be nice if you tried." Taylor said abruptly while taking a swig of his beer.

"Oh really?" I said annoyed.

"Really." He said with an evil smirk.

"What do you want me to do then, Taylor?" I shot putting emphasis on his name.

"I want you to prove it." He grinned maliciously.

"Alright. How?" I turned my eyes into slits. I was fed up with his attitude for some reason right now.

Jacob seemed to be telling us something but his voice was muffled because I was only paying attention to what Taylor's next words were.

"You got a month." Taylor glared back.

"A month for what?" I asked anxiously but kept my taunting look on.

"A month to..."

-
-
-

It gets better I promise!

Btw there's two authors; Keep reading. xx

-Jay