Secrecy

A/N Hello my lovebugs I know I haven't been here in so long. But here I am and ready to update. Also thank you so much for the votes and the reads I hope you all like it!

*****************************

❖ Ruby ❖

    I couldn't get her out of my head. Her scent, her smile, her eyes.... She was imprinted in my brain. I sat behind her at lunch because I was worried. When she looked at me I almost went to her. I overheard the table asking her to go out with them this weekend.

     That's when I knew I would have to follow. I couldn't let her go all alone out there. There were always bad things lurking around at night. I snarled in frustration as I watched them touching her, she was mine! How dare they.

❖ Morgan ❖

    Finally the day was over. I grabbed my books from my locker and gasped when I felt a cool hand on my arm. I looked up and found Rubies icy gaze trained on me.

    "Ruby?" I asked and furrowed my brows. She looked sad. Instantly I moved closer, taking her hand in my own.

      "I don't know... I don't know what to do." Ruby said and stared at our hands.

       "What do you mean? What don't you know?" I asked and gently gripped the girls chin.

"I need to show you something. We need to go." She said desperately and met my eyes.

        "What're you talking about? My friend will be here any second!" I said as I started panicking.

         "Please.... just come with me." Ruby looked up at me with pleading blue eyes.

          I nodded slowly as I feel her grasp my wrist and begin dragging me out of the building. She pulls me into the trees beside the school. I feel my chest tighten as anxiety hits me. What could she want with me?

        "I'm not going to hurt you." She said softly when we come to a stop in a clearing.

         "Are you sure about that?" I asked softly and look at you.

          "Very much so... I just need to tell you something...." she said and looks down as her pale hand falls from my arm.

          "Well What is it?" I asked curiously and raised an eyebrow.

           "I'm a vampire... and my family believes you're my mate..." She said, her eyes giving away her anxiety as she looked at me. Her eyes darkening.

           "Ruby... That's insane." I said and scrunched up my nose.

            "No it isn't... How can I prove it?" Ruby asked and her eyes looked almost pleading as her pupils dilated.

             "I don't know..." I shrugged and shoved my hands into my jacket pockets.

             "How about this... Come with me this weekend and meet my family." She said and smiled hopefully.

             "I can't I'm going with some friends. They want me to go camping." I shook my head.

               I feel my heart shatter as I watch her expression drop completely. She stands still and hisses.

               "Ruby please talk to me." I plead and rest a hand on her cool arm.

               "I have to go. Just remember I'm always close by." She says as she walks away. I blink and she's nowhere to be seen.